Baron Corbin

The king himself, Baron Corbin. In my opinion, probably one of the most important wrestlers of today, yet some see him as a "jobber." But let's talk about it.

2019 king of the ring winner. Main evented smackdown multiple times with big names like Roman Reigns and the Usos. But everywhere King Corbin goes, he takes someone to the top with him whether it's allies are foes, he puts them over. During his rivalry with Roman Reigns, he brought Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode to the main event card, repeatedly. Giving their career a push. And immediately after Sami Zayn removed himself from the WWE because of the virus, King Corbin brought Sami's old partners, Shinsuke and Cesaro and made sure they remained very relevant. He's done huge work to put over the people he's teamed up with as well as his opponents.

So let's talk about what the king has done for his opponents. It's quite simply actually. He made Chad Gable relevant. Chad Gable almost had a promising run because of Corbin. I believe the "Shorty G" gimmick ruined that. But after that, King Corbin is the person chosen to welcome back Jeff Hardy after he recovered from his injury. People say he jobbed to Jeff but I think it was a huge honor to be the person to who competes with a returning legend upon their return.

Lastly, he gave Elias a reason to go to WrestleMania and a WrestleMania win, where Elias claims it's the beginning of a streak, much like the undertaker's streak.

But that's what he's done for the superstars, let's talk about what else he has done for the WWE. He singlehandedly, brought back ruthless aggression. He's the most nostalgic wrestler of today as he's made king of the ring relevant again as well as actual violence in the WWE. A lot of you complain about how WWE is just a joke now but the ruthless aggression is King Corbin now.

So all that said, Baron Corbin is one of smackdown's most important performers. He deserves respect.