▪︎prologue▪︎

You're the Reason - Prologue

"Whatever our souls are made out of, his and mine are the same."

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ʜᴀʀᴜᴋᴀ ɴᴀɴᴀsᴇ ʜᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴅ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢs ғᴏʀ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ. He had strictly treasured the water, his friends, and mackerel. He never really took the time to stop and think what a romantic connection could do to him- it never dawned on him that it was eventually fated to happen.

A girl more well rounded and balanced than Haru has ever been able to be shows up in his life. A girl who leads by kindness and who takes joy out of the simpler things in life. A girl who loves the water almost as much as him. A girl who is not only beautiful, but intelligent. A girl who had invested in herself and worked to build her own empire, accidentally caging her self off in the process.

He wasn't even ashamed to admit she could break his heart a thousand times over, and he would still probably be infatuated with her. Her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.

Haru had every intention to peel the layers guarding her heart down, one by one. He was determined to be the one deserving of her love, her love that he wanted so very bad.

He never would have seen it coming- their first encounter was entirely random. However, the more they come to understand each other, the more they realize...

They were meant to be together, from the very start.