Chapter three

Ughhhh! The internet connection is so poor! Oh God why do I have such a bad luck!.. I stared furiously at the screen in front of me willing it with my gaze to download the site, in which I'll enter my data and it will show me at which university I've been accepted at.

Of course! Since the whole population is currently doing the same thing as me for the same purpose, the signal will be weak, but that doesn't deny it is poor in general..

Yup, that's the quality of services here in Sudan, YAY.

Not.

I drummed my fingers at the desk, losing my patience and cool with each passing second." Finally!" I bubbled as the page loaded and I typed the information in their respective fields.

It took another full five minutes, of teasing by my older brother Medo, all of his words like " oh you are soo not gonna make it to Khartoum university, you will go to Aleslamya and wear Abaya for your next five years of your life, Mwaahahahahha", ending with me punching him in the gut to be graced with his silence and mumbling how of a violent child I became. Then finally the page loaded and my name appeared attached to it the university I am going to attend for the next five years of my life.

"Nora Ahmed Faris Emad - faculty of pharmacy, university of Khartoum"
I read loudly smirking at my elder brother who so maturely stuck his tongue out at me and strolled away.

Then as the little girl I am, I started jumping my way to my dear mother telling her the good news who Gushed, thanked God for his blessings upon us, and prayed for my happiness and good grades.

Then when my father came home I told him as well, by now, he accepted that I hated medicine with every fiber in my being, and reluctantly surrendered to me choosing pharmacy. Yet, he was very proud of me when I broke the news for him. And gave me a lengthy lecture about uni's life.

I waited in the our room for my both sisters to come back from their work and uni, to break the amazing news to them.

Hiba works at a telecommunications company, while Alla still studies at the university, she is a senior, that's why she comes late, because of studying.

They were both very delighted and happy, as well as slightly shocked, that I made it to such outstanding university.

It is actually a dream come true, I 've always wanted to study at the best constitutes through out my academic life, and I thankfully, achieved that so far.

Then I called Hanaa over the phone as well, she promised paying us a visit with her son Bebo.

Oh yes, Hanaa is a high school physics teacher, and she is married since I was a sophomore in high school, and she gave birth to her baby when I was having my final exams of senior year.

Great timing right ? I told her so!!

After a month, there was a clinical examination the students should undergo, in order to make a file which include all the information regarding student's health, along any complications or long term disease that the student have been diagnosed with.

Oh and guess what! I found that I got about 3 centimetres TALLER!

Oh God! I think all the food I am eating goes vertically -eye roll-

Also it goes to my waist length, dark brown, almost black hair.

At least the later is beneficial.

Now my weight is 55 kilos, and my height 170 centimetres.

Yeah.. am that tall thank you very much.

At least I could be a model if I failed college.

What? You don't believe me? Let me show you..