Part three

Snufkin woke up alone and a bit confused. When did he go to bed? He looked out the window and realized it wasn’t as light out as he expected it to be, almost like the sun was about to start setting, then he remembered what had happened and mentally slapped himself across the face. He felt bad for running away like that, especially since he’s been waiting for this day for almost four years now. Snufkin slowly got out of bed. His eyes still stung a bit from crying, but he didn’t mind much anymore. The Mumrik put on his signature green tunic as well as his old, wide brim hat then made his way over to the door.

He hesitated to open the door and leave the room. How come this had to be so difficult for him? Snufkin rolled his eyes, shaking off all of the bad feelings he had in his gut that he knew weren’t true before leaving and walking downstairs. Once he reached the bottom of the steps he looked around but quickly noticed that no one else was there so he made his way over to the table and grabbed his notepad as well as a quill before heading outside, expecting to see the family out there.

Once he stepped out the door, he looked around. To both his delight and dismay, the family (as well as Toft) was out sitting in the grass while peacefully drinking what looked like raspberry juice while talking about who knows what. They seemed to be enjoying themselves so Snufkin decided that he could start his conversation with the Moomins once Toft was done speaking with them. It was only fair due to the fact that the boy had been waiting to see the family for much longer than Snufkin had, so Snufkin silently made his way over to the boarder of the porch and sat up on it against the pole, just like he has been for years.

No one had really noticed that Snufkin had come outside until Little My practically appeared out of thin air next to him, looking at the others with her arms crossed before looking up and making eye contact with him. “Well look who finally decided to join the party” she said with a smirk. Snufkin smiled at that and opened up his notepad before writing ‘youve grown since the last time i saw you’ only for her to reply with “oh really? I haven't noticed. You've gone invisible, what's that all about, huh?”I  a rather sarcastic tone. Snufkin still didn’t really want to answer that question yet, so he began writing again. ‘Your mother missed you. You were actually all she really talked about while You were away’ My simply rolled her eyes at this. She did visit her mother when they got back, they were actually supposed to be home two days ago, but Mymble just couldn’t stop asking questions and trying to baby My as if she were some two year old. Needless to say, it got real annoying real quick for the whole family.

Snufkin and Little My continued to talk for a while until moominmamma walked up on the porch beside them and to Snufkin’s slight surprise, treated him no different then she would have if he were visible, so that was nice. She greeted him with a soft smile and asked “Snufkin dear, would you like any left overs? We have plenty if you're hungry” to which Snufkin responded by shaking his head as politely as he could.  Moominmamma gave a quick and understanding nod before walking in the house. It was then he realized he somehow missed them more than he thought he did.

Sorry for the somewhat short chapter, but 627 words :)