12

The next few weeks were the longest weeks of my life

The next few weeks were the longest weeks of my life. Everywhere I looked I saw Taehyung and Yuki, I swear they were haunting me. I would see them skipping down the hall laughing, holding hands, making out against the lockers, In class they'd pass notes and partner up for everything they could just so that they could make eyes at each other. At lunch they should have just eaten each other's face off and gave the sandwiches some dignity. Around Wednesday though I just gave up on eating with them again.

Honestly though I was trying to avoid them with everything I had. Most day's I'd come as close to the bell as I could, I would quickly make my way to my locker, grab what was needed and then walk with my head down to class. In class I would just try and stay focused on the board or talk with Jungkook a bit. At lunch though I would just stay with Jungkook, we'd eat outside under the tree and just talk about anything but what was actually going on around me.

I hadn't talked to Taehyung since that day at the diner, I could see him try and wave at me in the halls or when he came into class but I would dodge him. I knew it wasn't very mature of me but I just couldn't, after a while though he gave up. Two weeks and I hadn't talked to my best friend, I hadn't slept much, and I felt like I was going nuts.

Today was no different. I quickly grabbed my books and hurried down the hall towards my classroom where everyone including Yuki were gathered around the back of the room. Taehyung had done good by integrating her even though Yoongi, Jimin, and May all wanted to stab their eyes out when she talked. It made me laugh when the three of them would come over and rant about her, I would remind them though that they had to be kind to her. If Tae liked her then we had to like her.

"Danni-ah!" May almost screamed when I entered the room making everyone turn and look at me as I jumped and nearly dropped everything in my hands. Her and Jimin waved me over in hopes that I would save them from her horrible conversation but I shook my head trying to avoid the gaze that Taehyung held on me and how Yuki pressed herself deeper into his chest.

I quickly made my way over to my chair plopping down and running my hands over my face before resting it in my arms down on the desk. I really did not want to deal with the day.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook breathed as he squatted down next to my desk resting his face in his hands only a few inches away from mine. I shook my head, Jungkook and I had really become close over the past two weeks since we had been nearly inseparable because he was the only thing keeping me sane. "Then let's get out of here." He breathed looking up at the time. "Let's ditch, we have eight minutes before the bell rings, if we hurry we can get out of here without getting caught."

I let out a soft chuckle but stopped when I saw his face was completely serious. "Really?" when he nodded I felt a small smile come across my face. I glanced back and saw Taehyung gently kissing Yuki while the others rolled their eyes and started their own conversations. "Okay." I breathed when I looked away. He quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me from my chair. "Hold on." I said as I quickly ran over to May pulling her from the group. "I'm going to ditch my things are in my locker, cover for me." She looked at me a bit wide eyed as she was at a loss for words. "May cover for me."