Chapter 1

Her heeled boots clicked against the the hard station floor. She walked witha brisk pace to assure she would not miss her train. Her suitcase weighed her down slightly as she rushed through the crowded train station. People sitting in resturants enjoying their brunch, while the rest of London was covered in a blanket of snow, paying no attention to the well dressed girl. Finally, she reached the train, known as the Venice Simplon Orient express. Handing her ticket to the man standing at the enterance of her cars, he greeted her. "Ah, Ms. King, such a pleasure to have you on board." She smiled at the man and stepped onto the train, making her way down the narrow hall, towards her cabin. The young woman studied the interior of the train car, feeling like she was thrown right back into the 1930s. A small smile appeared on her face when she sat down on the bed provided for her. The train began to depart from the station, making its way toward Venice.

-

After several hours of exploring the luxurious train, staring out at the snow covered country side, and chatting with the staff of the train, it was nearly time for dinner. Everyone dressed in formal attire, since dinner on the Orient was seen as an event, rather than a simple meal. The young woman slipped on her dress and a different pear of shoes while touching up her makeup and hair. On her way to the dining car, she passed by several people dressed for dinner as well. Most of the were older couples, which was to be expected. There were probably little to no people aboard this train that were the same age of 21. Most 21 year olds were in college or working, not riding some luxurious train. The dining car was fairly crowded, but reserved tables still remained empty. Another gentleman who was working as a waiter, guided the woman to her table.

-

After the multi-course meal, which contained elegant looking food, that could make anyone feel like royalty, the woman found the lounge car. In there was a full bar and a multitude of luxurious seating. Of course the girl headed straight for the bar. Most people who knew her were unaware, but she enjoyedd drinking. Sometimes she enjoyed it too much, but she always held back due to her reputation, and only drank when it was deemed acceptable. She sat down at the bar and ordered bourbon, neat of course. As she sipped her drink, she never noticed the man that was two seats down from her. She had definetly caught his eye, but his nerves stopped him from opening his mouth. In an attempt to get her attention, he coughed a little, but she still wouldn't look. Not because she was creeped out, but she simply didn't hear him. The young man had an idea.

The bartender handed the girl another drink, same as before. "Excuse me, but I didn't order another one." The girl spoke up. Her voice was light and melodic. "I know, but he did." The bartender motioned towards the young man sitting two seats down. His eyes were focused on the counter, and a light blush dusted is rounded cheeks. "Thank you." She whispered, but loud enough for him to hear, causing the blush to deepen. She scooted into the stool next to him, a bold move for the normally reserved girl, but caused mainly by the alcohol. "I'm Joanna King, but please, call me Jo." She extended her hand out to the young man. "Jeon Jungkook." He took her hand and shook it. "I normally don't do this, I swear. I'm not trying to get you drunk, I just wanted to get your attention." He nervously rambled and apologized. He had a slight accent, but she couldn't place her finger on it. "Don't apologize, I would have ordered another one eventually, so thank you." She reassured him, and he seemed to have relaxed. As the night continued, the two young adults learned quite a bit about each other. He couldn't deny he was drawn to her. He admired her Ash blonde hair, with light pink streaks, almost rebelling against her elegeant sense of style. Her eyes captivated him, hazel fading out into an almost blue color. She was breathtaking. And although she was too scared to admit it, she too found him breathtaking. The way his longer, dark hair fell, framing his slightly tanned face. Everytime he smiled, he resembled a bunny, which Jo found adorable. His innocent and nervous demeanor made her face flush. When Jo checked the clock, a surprised expression creeped onto her face. Jungkook seemed to take notice "What is it?" He asked the beautiful girl sitting next to him. "Oh, I just realized how late it was. I guess time really flys when you're having fun." The girl laughed to herself. "I should probably head back and try to get some sleep, it was nice meeting you." She stood up and extended her hand to him which he shook. She departed from the lounge, but turned around right before stepping out the door. Jungkook locked eyes with her, before waving goodbye.

Jo made her way back to her cabin to change out of her dress. She felt a bit of dissapointment that she couldn't talk to the man for the rest of the night, but hopefully she could get his number before they reached their destination. All of these thoughts ran through Jo's head as she snuggled in to the surprisingly comfortable bed. She reached over to turn the lamp off, but before she could close her eyes, a loud gunshot rang throughout the car...