Chapter 3

The train stopped completely, causing many of the passengers to worry even more. Jo turned her head to face out the window, but she was unable to see anything due to the darkness. "Anything?" Jungkook asked the young woman. "Nothing, it's too dark to see, meaning we aren't at a station. Just great." Jo sighed while holding her head in the palms of her hands. "Everything will turn out fine." Jungkook reassured while placing a hand on her back. "I envy you for being so optimistic right now." The corner of Jungkook's mouth lifted slightly at her remark. "Why don't we find something to pass the time? You can ask any questions you want about me." Jo nodded her head in agreement to his idea. "Okay, what do you do for a living?" Jo questioned. Jungkook froze slightly. It's not that he was embarrassed of his job. Absolutely not, he loved his profession, but he didn't want Jo to think of him differently. He didn't know how she would react and he was nervous to find out. "I... I'm a singer." He released a nervous sigh. "Oh, really, that's awesome. I guess I need to check out your music. Why have I never heard of you before?" Jo questioned. "Oh, I'm a lot more popular in Korea than I am anywhere else. Plus most of my songs are in Korean so I don't know if you'd enjoy them." Jungkook shrugged his shoulders as he answered the girl's question. "So you're from Korea? I've only been to Seoul once on a business trip, so I didn't see much of it, but from what I saw, It was a great city." Jo expressed. "Well I'm glad you liked it. I've been living in Seoul recently, but I'm actually from Busan." For the next couple of hours, the two young adults learned a lot about each other while waiting for further instructions from the staff.

-

The sun began to slowly rise from the horizon, signaling that a new day was starting. None of it mattered to Jo because she hadn't slept a wink. Jo could feel her lids getting heavy as she slowly began to sway. The sleep deprived girl couldn't hold on much longer. "Hey, try and get some sleep. I'll make sure you're safe." The handsome male sitting next to her whispered. "Thank you Jungkook." The young woman spoke softly as her eyes began to close and she drifted off into sleep.

Jo could feel herself being moved slightly, causing her eyes to open slowly. "Hey, you need to wake up." Someone whispered softly in her ear. A male voice that was oddly familiar. Not being fully aware of what was happening, she looked at her surroundings. When she looked up, her eyes met warm, brown ones. She felt something firm against the back of her head. It was almost... muscular? Finally aware that her head was resting against Jungkook's thigh, she shot up. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know I fell asleep there." Jo sheepishly buried her face in her hands to hide the crimson color staining her entire face. "You're fine. I didn't really mind anyways." Jungkook reassured her, but it just made the girl become more flustered. Falling asleep on some stranger? Real smooth Jo. The girl mentally scolded herself. "Why did you wake me up? Did something happen?" Jo asked. "Yeah, the detectives arrived and now they're questioning all the staff and passengers. As far as they're concerned, we are all possible suspects." Jungkook explained to the groggy and embarrassed girl. "Does that mean suicide has been ruled out?" She asked. "They didn't say much. Only that someone had died and we were all witnesses." Jungkook answered. Jo just groaned in response while she pinched the bridge of her nose. It wasn't very common for Jo to lose her cool, having been trained and groomed to inherit her father's company, she had to learn to remain composed. But for the first time in a while, she was beginning to let her emotions get the best of her. You couldn't blame her though, she was a witness to a possible murder, trapped on a train, knowing no one, in a country that she wasn't too familiar with.

"You okay?" Jungkook asked the stressed girl at his side. "Not really." Jo replied as she lightly slapped her cheeks in an attempt to wake herself up. "Have you slept at all?" She questioned the singer. "No, but I've gone longer without sleep. I'll be fine." He answered. Jo nodded her head to show that she understood, but she couldn't help but feel slightly guilty that she was the reason he didn't fall sleep as well.

The two young adults sat in silence, both wanting to say something, but neither knowing what would be appropriate. Jungkook opened his mouth but was cut off. "Ma'am, I would like you to come with me please." A detective spoke, standing directly in front of Jo.