Ch2: Jimin Hates His Class

Jimin hates this class.

Everyone is exceptionally quiet. Teenagers are never silent, so how comes the whole class is staring back at him without saying a word? It's almost nerve-wrecking.

Especially the chubby girl in the front seat with glasses. While the rest are just staring blankly or sleeping, she's glaring right back at him, almost as if mad.

Jimin glares back.

"Teacher," She finally says.

"What?" He replies.

"Aren't we going to take anything?" She asks.

A few students groan in annoyance, throwing her nasty looks.

Jimin looks down at the book on his desk that he didn't even touch. To be honest, he has no idea what he's going to teach them, and he doesn't want to, but Seokjin's words from the day before echo in his head, and he finds himself reluctantly opening the book and heading to the first chapter.

Skimming through the pages, he stands up, the chair sliding across the floor with an annoying squeak. He grabs the marker and writes the name of the chapter on the board.

"Teacher, won't you introduce yourself?" Eunbi asks.

Jimin rolls his eyes, turning to the students with the fakest smile someone has ever seen.

"I'm Park Jimin, your Maths teacher." He raises an eyebrow at the girl. "Happy?"

"Mr.Park, don't worry," Another girl says, twirling her hair around her finger. "We're not all as annoying as her."

"Of course you're not," Eunbi replies.

"You know, Eunbi, if you weren't so annoying or fat, you would've actually had a friend."

Eunbi turns to the girl with a glare. "You know, Haewon, if you weren't such a b*tch, your parents wouldn't have gotten a divorce."

"Woah, woah, woah," Jimin interrupts as a few students laugh and Haewon gasps dramatically.

"I almost forgot how dramatic highschool was," He says, eyes shifting between the two girls. "Listen, I don't want drama in my class, alright? Solve out your problems outside school."

"I never heard a homeroom teacher say that to his students," Eunbi says with a straight face.

Jimin freezes. "What homeroom teacher?"

"You... " Eunbi says, eyes squinting. "You're our homeroom teacher."

〰️🌫〰️

"I'm their homeroom teacher?!"

Jin blinks. "Yes? I told you that yesterday."

"No, you didn't!"

"Yes, I did."

"Noㅡ"

"Jimin," Jin cuts him off, voice tired, "Arguing doesn't matter anymore."

"Do you know how big of a responsibility that is?!"

"And that is exactly why I assigned you as their homeroom teacher."

Jimin falls back in his chair, shaking his head slowly. "You're killing me."

"You're being dramatic."

"Fine." Jimin stands up. "It's not a big deal."

Jin smiles. "This class is known to have many problems. Please make sure all students are comfortable and none are having hard time."

Jimin squints his eyes.

A knock on the door interrupts them.

"Come in," Jin says and the door swings open.

A man just walks in and sits down casually, throwing Seokjin a nod who nods back.

"Jimin, this is Mr. Kim Namjoon, English teacher," Seokjin says, "Joon, this is Mr.Park Jimin, Maths teacher."

"Hey," Namjoon says, throwing a smile Jimin's way.

"Hi."

〰️🌫〰️

"Your dad kicked you out?"

Jimin purses his lips. "Yes."

His girlfriend tilts her head, leaning back in her chair with furrowed eyebrows. "And now what?"

"I have a job," He says, shrugging.

Jimin looks around the apartment, the smattering of lavish pieces of furniture suggesting it had been carefully chosen, probably with the help of an interior designer.

His girlfriend, also a successful model, lives in the most prestigious streets of Seoul. Confusion washes over him for a second when he realises she wasn't the first person who came to his mind when he had nowhere else to go.

She chuckles, pulling him out of a trance. "You? Have a job?"

"Babe, listen, you know how my dad is," He says, pausing to take a sip from his coffee, "A few days later and mom will call me asking me to come over. I'll have to say sorry though I don't know why and that's it. Everything will go back to normal, I'll get my car, my cards and probably a new apartment as a birthday gift."

Sora tilts her head, crossing her arms and putting one leg over the other. Her newly dyed blonde hair falls over her shoulders in perfectly styled waves, her pink silk pyjamas complimenting her body.

"And if that doesn't happen?" She asks.

"It will."

"And you'll work with your dad?"

"What? No."

"Then he's not taking you back."

Jimin groans, the thought of him helping with his father's business making him gag a little. "Why are you so negative?"

"I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic," She protests, "Which is something you need to do so you don't stay homeless forever. Who are you staying with, by the way?"

"Hoseok," He says, putting down his coffee mug on the table.

"Why not move in with me?"

Jimin hesitates. "Well... I don't know."

Sora squints her eyes, studying his posture. There's something he's lying about, she knows; she's his girlfriend for three years now.

Jimin notices her analysing him, making him sigh and lean back in his chair. "I just don't want to burden you."

"But you'd rather burden your friend?"

"You're never home, anyway," He says, shrugging. "It doesn't matter. Plus, I don't want to depend on you. What if we break up? Will I go live on the streets then?"

"I doubt we're breaking up any time soon, and even if we do, by that time you'll have made enough money to rent an apartment or would've manned up and talked to your dad," She pauses, "Unless you're planning on breaking up with me now."

Jimin freezes. "No."

"Are you serious?" She scoffs.

"No. I mean, yes." He sighs, standing up from his chair and sitting beside her.

Pulling her in a hug, Jimin smiles. "Why would I break up with you, idiot? I love you."

Sora hums, wrapping her arms around him and laying her head on his chest. "I love you, too."

---

A/N: I have a thing for making asshole-ish protagonists