chapter 11 - midsummers

(maeve's outfit and hair)

Maeve could not stop thinking about JJ, Kie had forced her to come to the midsummers with her. They were at Kie's house getting ready for the party. "my first kook event and JJ isn't here" Maeve muttered. "come on Maeve just don't think about it ok he's going to be ok" Kie sat next to her pulling her into a hug. Kie's mum came in, "you girls look beautiful" she said. Then obviously Kie and her mum started having a debate about socioeconomic status. They went outside onto the balcony as they saw Pope and walked over to him. "excuse me sir" Kie said in an accent. They joked around as they stood there seeing everyone. "have you ever seen so many kooks in one place" Kie laughed. "hey, have you heard from JJ" Pope asked making Maeve sad. "no" Maeve whispered as she blanked out of the conversation.

It was starting to get late as Maeve sat there watching Pope work, "you could help you know" Pope said, "hey I'm a kook tonight" Maeve joked. Maeve and Kie were dancing to the music together as they saw security dragging JJ out of the place. "JJ" Maeve yelled as they looked at each other. JJ was obviously making a loud exit "do not worry everybody, rose you look like lady liberty" JJ yelled as they dragged him. "let go of him" Maeve yelled. "I invited him here" Kie backed her up. JJ pushed the security before yelling about a meeting "hey Maeve let's go lover" JJ yelled as they all started running as Maeve got towards JJ she jumped into his arms as he hugged her. "love you" he whispered, "I love you too" Maeve said right back.

They now sat around a fire, "so what is this mandatory meeting about" Pope questioned. Maeve just sat there in JJ's arms listening to the crackling of the fire glad to have him back. The others started talking about the royal merchant, it was back and on land. John B proceeded to give his evidence to prove that what he was saying was legit. Maeve listened as she was brushing her fingers through JJ's hair as he was listening to John B. As John B finished everyone realised this was happening. "alright so what's the plan" Pope asked, "good question so Sarah Cameron is going to come here with the map" John B rushed. Maeve stiffened at the name JJ felt her tense "what" he whispered in her ear, "this won't end well" she muttered back waiting for Kie's reaction. "woah woo Sarah why Sarah?" Kie was worried. "uh she helped me get the records yesterday at white chapel" John B claimed. "you were at white chapel yesterday" Kie raised her voice. "he was macking on Sarah Cameron" JJ yelled quickly to then have Maeve smack his arm. "I was not" John B responded. "you were" JJ kept going getting another smack from Maeve. "I was just using her to get into the archives" John B yelled back. "you guys know me to I look like the kind of person to fall for Sarah Cameron" John B said "uh do you want us to answer that" Maeve and Pope said at the same time. "what did she do to you exactly" JJ asked Kie. Kie than told a terrible analogy "her brother did try to kill me with a golf club" Pope muttered. "Sarah and Rafe are very different people" John B tried to convince them. "they better be I'm gonna beat the shit out of Rafe" JJ clenched hugging Maeve.

They rolled up in the car as John B started. "so I think I'm going to do this one by myself". "I don't see why we need to involve her" Kie said before they had some couple spat as she made John B promise there wasn't anything between him and Sarah. "that was so believable" they all muttered as John B left them. "JJ" Maeve whispered looking at the boy as Kie and Pope were arguing about her grudge. "yeah" He responded back. "are you okay?" she touched his cheek with her hand. JJ leaned into her hand "I will be, I got you" he whispered as he smiled softly at the girl he loved. "you two good back there" Pope said. "shut up Pope you wish you had this" JJ laughed at the boy. As they were waiting in the car they heard someone yelling "somebody help". They all ran out as they saw John B laying on the ground he had fallen or was pushed by Topper. Maeve looked in horror as JJ held her in his arms at the site, Sarah kissed John B. Maeve looked at Kie's face, heartbroken. Pope went to get help "Pope hurry" they all yelled