Chapter 4: Neighbors!?

My mom calls me to come down stairs and I try my best to get up off my bed. I rub my eyes and I sigh as I zombie walk down the stairs to the living room. When I finish coming down the stairs, I see my mom standing there with a smile and changed into a nice, red silk dinner dress. Beside her, the twins are in a nice matching outfit.

"What's with the fancy outfits?...," I questioned.

"We are going to welcome our new neighbors by inviting them to dinner," she said with a smile. " You should get ready too, they'll be over in less than an hour for dinner."

I stood there; leaning against the doorway. "Okay, I'll go get ready now," I told her with little care. I went back upstairs to my bedroom then I took my shirt and jeans off. The cold air from the AC vents hugged me and I sort of shivered a little due to the temperature. I shook the feeling so I could focus on getting dressed. I took a nice white, knee-length dress with floral patterns on it off the hanger then slipped into it. Due to my long arms, I don't need help zipping it up. After I zipped up the dress, I went to the bathroom and started rummaging through the sink cabinet for my makeup bag. I placed it in the way back so the twins wouldn't dig into it.

I put on my mascara then applied nice and shiny lip gloss on my pink lips. I'm not the type of girl to put the whole fucking makeup aisle on my face like other girls, I prefer to put minor touches to my face cause I carry natural beauty with me. That was something Daniel never understood about me nor did he care.

I brushed through my knotted up hair then tied it up in a braid then wrapped it up in a bun with bobby pins. I looked in the mirror and made a smile. I don't look bad nor do I look like a prissy, stuck up brat.

I went back downstairs and my mom turned around and saw me. She cracked a smile. She snapped out of it due to the ringing doorbell and rushed as fast as she could with her high heels on. As my mom opened the door, I see two men in fancy, but casual attire. I look at their left hand and see silver wedding bands on their ring finger.

"Hi, I'm Genevieve Prince and these are my kids Samantha, Kinsley, and Oliver," My mom said in such a delicate, but very clear voice.

The man on the right side of the doorway started to talk after my mom finished her sentence. "I'm Ryan, this is my husband, Alex, and our daughter, Rebecca."

I froze with my eyes widened in shock.

 The girl who sits next to me in Journalism class, the girl who has given me a fixated desire for her, and the girl who is causing my butterflies, is my next door neighbor now. I wanted to pass out, but I didn't want to embarrass my mom.

"Hi..., Samantha, right?," she smiled as she questioned. "Yep, that's me," I said as best I could without making it sound so dreadful.

 My mom let them in the house and then shut the door gently then locked it. Rebecca stood there in the light and I was trying my best not to blush. That was an epic fail. I couldn't help but notice her in that beautiful short dress with a white button down top attached to a satin-like black skirt that came down just above her knees.

My face felt like it was on fire so I knew that I was blushing really hard.

                                                     〜♡ ♡ ♡〜

 Just one hour in this dinner and I just want it to end. Why won't it just end!? My mom and Rebecca's dads are really hitting it off and laughing, so why can't I? Oh, that's right..., CAUSE MY FUCKING CRUSH IS SITTING NEXT TO ME! I am sitting in awkward silence and my heart is racing in my chest really fast.

 After everyone finished eating dinner, Rebecca looked at me then her dads. "Hey dad, if it's okay with you and Mrs. Prince, can me and Samantha go to her room?"