Chapter 14

Author's POV

1 week later...

The last trial of Mr. Park Choon. The last time Jimin will see his father not in jail.....

"He used a substance called Lambanog. Lambanog poisoning is caused by residual methanol, which in high levels becomes highly toxic for humans," health secretary Francisco T. Duque III explained in a statement. "Methanol is a naturally occurring substance present during the distilling process, that should be separated and removed thereafter." Jimin's hand began shaking. He is scared of what may happen to his father.

"It happened at 6:49 pm when Mr. Choon visited his late father. He made him drank something and it was Lambanog"

Their lawyer has defended as much as he can with the evidences given but it was not enough to prove him innocent.

The judge sighed and looked at the files one more time. "All the evidences point to Mr. Choon"

Areum's breathing become heavy.

"Any objections?" No one raised their hands. "Okay then." The judge was gonna hit the gavel but Areum stood up. "I object your honor!" She said which made everyone gasped.

"Mirose?" Jimin mumbled and Areum sighed. She walked closer. "I recommend a new lawyer for Mr. Park Choon if Mrs. Park will allow me?" Mrs. Park nodded.

"What?!" Mr. Park Chanyeol shouted. "No, he will be the lawyer! Your honor. She is just a child!" He defended quickly.

"This child has something and it's not very nice to underestimate her" Areum smirked. "I recommend my sister. Mrs. Cha A-young" Her sister stood up and walked beside her.

"No, she won't defend them as much as I can" Lawyer Ryu said.

"She will and you won't!" Areum said.

"You are being paid!" 

"N-No!" He defended.

"What's your name, dear?" The judge asked. "Kim Areum" She said.

"What the heck is with Areum?" Her uncle asked. "I don't know but she is doing something right, brother" even Areum's brothers are shock.

"Do you want to take the oath of being a witness, Areum?" She nodded. A guy gave her a folder and she raised her right hand.

"I! Kim Areum will swear that the evidence that I shall give shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." She said and sat down in one of the seats. She breathes.

"Mrs. Cha A-young tell me what you know"

"Gladly your honor. We investigated the hospital and I see a glove, and some powder at the trash can." She said showing the picture where she found it.

"I gave the powder to our toxicologist. They said that is has a poison called Polonium. Polonium is a metal found in uranium ore whose isotope polonium-210 is highly radioactive, emitting tiny positively charged alpha particles. If polonium is ingested, even in the tiniest quantity, it will so badly damage internal organs that they shut down and death is certain. The powder has been added in the water" Jimin hold her mother's hand.

"Witness, what about the gloves you saw?" A-young asked Areum. The judge looked from the lawyer to the witness.

"We also saw the glove that has the same poison, but it can't be from Jimin's father because it is simply small for him. Me and my sister bought the same size and it was not fit for him, but Mr. Park Chanyeol has the same size exactly like it" She said and Mr. Park Chanyeol is nervous.

"Your honor. I would like to give an evidence on why my younger sister is apart of my investigation" The judge nodded.

They showed the video and everyone was shock at what the little child saw. "Areum, how did you see this?"

Areum looked at the judge. "I was looking for my phone and luckily I took it before I hid behind the bushes. I got a gut feeling inside that I should record them and good thing I did because he made Chimchim cry"

"Who is this Chimchim you speak of?"

"Park Jimin, your honor" She said smiling. "Okay then. May you tell us more Mrs. Cha?" A-young nodded.

Mr. Chanyeol stood up. "Objection-"

"Outlaw. Proceed Mrs. Cha" She nodded.

"I can tell you this isn't fake. There is a cctv camera that shows that the child is at the Park at exactly, 10:29 pm." She showed the cctv footage. They also said the same thing as the one in her phone.

Mr. Park Chanyeol glared at Areum but she is not affected. She smirked at Areum and earned an annoying look.

'The good guys always win!' She thought.

A/N: I did every research I can to find everything I need to find.