Where Are We?

An unfamiliar location

Twilight slowly opens her eyes, as a blurry purple-and-green image spoke in front of her. At first, she couldn't hear what the blur said until it spoke louder.

"Twilight... Twilight!" The blur spoke. "Wake up, Twilight!"

As her vision cleared, Twilight recognized Spike before her eyes.

"Ow," Twilight groaned, rubbing her head. "What happened?"

"Thank Celestia, you're okay," Spike said. "You... Are okay, right?"

"A little," Twilight answered, uncertain. "I really hit my head hard though; I'm going to have a bump on my head."

Twilight and Spike weren't alone, however. Around them, their friends Fluttershy, Pinkie and Applejack woke up too.

"What happened?" Fluttershy asked.

"I don't know," Applejack answered. "But ah feel like I've been rolling in a barrel of cider!"

"Wow, that was the best ride ever!" Pinkie said, excitedly. "Let's do that again!"

As Twilight and the rest looked at their surroundings, they were both confused and puzzled. They were in some kind of forest, but that wasn't the only strange thing. The sun shined very brightly.

"Whe-where are we?" Twilight asked.

"I'm not sure, Twilight," Spike answered. "Wasn't it normally night?"

"It was. We probably fell asleep and that book you found, with all that magical energy, must have been a dream... Or maybe, we're not in Equestria! I hope I'm right about the dream part."

"I can bite you awake if you want," Pinkie offered, with a smile.

Twilight faced Pinkie's direction, assuming she was joking.

"Thank you, Pinkie. That would be really helpful."

As Twilight turned her attention to her surroundings, Pinkie snuck close and bit her front leg very hard. Twilight's eyes went wide.

"OW! Not so hard!" Twilight cried, firmly.

"Sorry," Pinkie said, sheepishly. "When I'm this excited, I bite really hard; I should have warned you."

"Hold on a minute!" Twilight realized. "I'm still here; this isn't a dream!"

Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie and Spike also knew they were not dreaming. They didn't need Pinkie to bite them.

"Then, what is this?" Applejack asked. "Where exactly are we?"

"I don't know," Twilight answered.

Suddenly, Twilight saw something causing her eyes to go wide.

"But now I know we're definitely not in Equestria!"

The others faced the same direction as Twilight and their eyes went wide as well. They saw a huge castle towering high above a small town. Suddenly, Spike looked around and gasped at the realization.

 Suddenly, Spike looked around and gasped at the realization