Listen To Your Grandmother

"I remember what happened that day...." 

"What?! Tell us grandma!" Sally Jenkins and her brother Kristofer sat staring eagerly at the elderly woman wearing a purple dress. The woman took a deep breath and thought about the time she broke a heart. She shook her head. 

"Then I must start...from the beginning...I was a young girl of sixteen when I arrived at your  mother's school..."

"Our mother's school really? You went to our mother's school", Kristofer asked scooting closer. The children fought over who could sit closest when finally they were told to shush. 

"I remember how I broke his heart...I had said some...some really mean things to that young man. I was mean to my best friend. I remember chasing after him..." 

~Memory~ 

Melinda ran towards her friend who was leaving without a word. She almost tripped but she kept running. She called out to him but he didn't respond. "Jeremy!" He kept walking as if she hadn't said a word. 

"Jeremy! I have a question!" He stopped and she ran up to him panting. He remained with his back to her waiting for her to ask her question. 

"Do you forgive me", she asked. He cocked his head and gave her a smile which frightened her the most. She stared at him. 

"Why would I?" Her eyes widened and she just gaped. She felt bad. She was on the verge of crying. 

"You broke my heart." And just like that he was gone. Nothing more than dust. She knew stress did that to him...and she killed him. 

~Back to Reality~

"Remember children. Always be kind. Don't do something you'll regret later. Don't hurt someone because you never know if you'll get a chance to apologize later." Did you hear her? Good. Remember that. Remember Kristofer? This rule implies a lot with his life. So remember what your grandmother told you. Always be kind. Let's see what Kristofer does shall we? What? You want it now? Children I'm afriad you'll have to patient Good things come to those who wait.