PROLOGUE

This is a work of fiction.

 Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

© 2020 Gemirausity. All rights reserved. 

Dreaming, that was my only escape from reality.

It started when I was 4 when I realized my parents want me to become a doctor while all I want is to play dress up with my dolls.

My mom is a pediatrician while my dad is a surgeon, a family of doctors, so they want me to be one.

When I was 6, I started to notice that my dolls were becoming less and less, and toys such as stethoscopes and medical toys were all I ever found in my birthday and Christmas presents.

I was 12 when my mom told me that maybe it's just right that I should become a psychiatrist to have diversity in our family.

And all I ever did was nod and smile to my parents.

I was 15 when I let go all of my dreams to follow my parents' dreams for me. I studied really hard and had my goals set in becoming a doctor.

I was a perfect daughter. I took up a pre med course and lived with it.

I was in college and I was a perfect daughter, but I guess my dream never really died at the first place. It grew and foster on me again.

Someone made me realized that I shouldn't kill my dream for the sake of others, because dreams that aren't mine will kill me.

It happened before. I won't let it happen again.

Letting go made me sad for a long time but at least it made me alive and living my best life today.

I was happy for a short a period of time but I'm also happy afterwards.

Fear is temporary while regret is forever, so I chose to face my fear of reaching my dreams instead of my parent's. And though, I didn't have a sweet dream since I had lost so much to be who I am right now, I had to say that every sacrifices made were all worth it.

My dream came true, It ain't sweet, but at least it's Bitter Sweet.