Mario Kart Master

"Yeah, that's it," Thomas said shakily. Dylan frantically jabbed his finger at a picture on the menu. "Oh, no, sorry that's not all." He ran his fingers through his hair. "And we'll have triple-chocolate molten lava cake." He paused and waited for the woman to finish. "Okay, now we're finished. Yeah, just charge it to the room. Thanks." He put the phone back in the holder and looked up at Ki Hong. "Seriously, you're going to scare her even more than she already is? You've already made her think her best friend is practically running away from her."

"And you made me drop my soda!" Dylan protested. He picked it up, examining the can.

"Not the point. What you should really be concerned about is that she's bent on coming over here. Like, now." Ki Hong rested his chin in his hands, furrowing his brows. "If she comes over, she'll know."

"Well what's the point of getting a room then?" Genevieve asked.

"She can still see that I'm not lying if she checks the website for past bookings. She has my log in."

"Why would you give Kaya your log in to anything? Ever?" Genevieve asked. "Last time I told her a secret, she basically told the entire school."

"Didn't you graduate high school like three years ago?" Dylan asked, still pouting over the can now sitting on the counter.

"Yeah, pretty much. If that happens to let you know anything about how much I trust Kaya. Which, in case you couldn't figure it out, on a scale of one to ten, it would be maybe a negative three. On a good day."

"Well, I heard they have some video games somewhere in those living room cabinets," Dylan said, pointing towards the living room. "And I'm about to find them."

Genevieve looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "Really? I'm in."

They both left the kitchen, practically sprinting for the cabinet. Genevieve was the first one there, and as soon as she reached it, she threw the doors open. She started to rummage through the discs, skimming the titles at a rapid pace. She picked up the first one she saw and threw it to Dylan.

"Really?" he asked quizzically, looking skeptically at the case. "Mario Kart?"

"Well, obviously," she said with an eye roll. "It's the best one."

"Okay...." he popped the disc in the Wii console and tossed her a remote. "But I get to be player one."

"Whatever floats your boat, O'Brien." She flopped on the couch, kicking her feet up on the coffee table. "I'm going to win anyways, so why not?"

"Yeah, right, and I'm Santa," he scoffed. "You're going down, James. Just you watch."

"Is that a wager I hear?" she cupped her hand around her ear. "Because I think that's what I'm hearing."

"Oh, you're on," he said. "Loser has to...." he paused, tapping his chin, "pay for the other's food for the rest of the summer."

"Wow, free food? That sounds like Christmas to me," she held out her hand. "Maybe you are Santa Clause."

"We'll just wait and see, Gen," he leaned back onto the recliner. "We'll just wait and see."

AN: OH GOD DON'T KILL ME I KNOW I'VE BEEN GONE FOR AGES BUT I'M BACK NOW SO IT'S OKAY! Thank you guys so much for understanding that school is kind of getting overwhelming with end of semester exams and stuff but now I'm going to be out for two weeks until January so yayyyyyyyy!!! More updates! I'll actually have time to do things!

Recently I've had a really sucky cold, though, so I'm not in the best of conditions. I went to the doctor and got a blood test yesterday, and the flu was negative (Thank God!) but they said I still have some kind of virus thing. So they gave me some meds and whatever is in that medicine has been making me extremely sleepy. Basically, for the past 48 hours, most of it has been sleep. As a matter of fact, I should probably be sleeping now, so thanks for reading!

-- Mallory <3