Chapter 7 - A Bittersweet Goodbye

Today's the day Ava returns to the future. The Beatles gathered into the living room with their instruments after Ava asked them to play her one last song. She requested for them to do a song from their third album, A Hard Day's Night.

I give her all my love
That's all I do
And if you saw my love
You'd love her too
I love her

She gives me everything
And tenderly
The kiss my lover brings
She brings to me
And I love her

A love like ours
Could never die
As long as I
Have you near me

Bright are the stars that shine
Dark is the sky
I know this love of mine
Will never die
And I love her

Bright are the stars that shine
Dark is the sky
I know this love of mine
Will never die
And I love her

That song brought tears to Ava's eyes as Paul expressed his love for her. "I'm definitely gonna miss you guys." She said. "We'll miss you too, Ava." Said George. "Do you think you can sing us a song before you go?" Asked Ringo. "I most certainly can. Before I start, can I borrow a guitar?" Asked Ava. "You can borrow mine." Said John. He hands Ava his acoustic guitar.

The Beatles put their instruments away and come back to the living room before Ava sings her song.

This is a bittersweet goodbye
Tears and smiles at the same time
I know you gotta go and live your dream

We've been together for so long
You not here will feel so wrong
But time goes on and we have our memories

Without you the sun won't shine as bright
Without you things won't seem just right
We'll be so blue when you move away
Without you nothing will be the same

Without you we won't feel complete
Without you there's a missing piece
It's so true no matter where you are
You're in our minds and you're in our hearts

Let's all hold hands and sing this song
And though we're sad, we must be strong
Remember all the good times we have shared

Please come back and visit soon
Just for a day or an afternoon
Let's keep in touch and stay the best of friends

Without you the sun won't shine as bright
Without you things won't seem just right
We'll be so blue when you move away
Without you nothing will be the same

Without you we won't feel complete
Without you there's a missing piece
It's so true no matter where you are
You're in our minds and you're in our hearts

The Beatles applaud for Ava after she finished singing. She gives John back his guitar and he puts it away. The Beatles stand up from their seats and line up as Ava prepares to say goodbye. She starts with John and gives him a hug.

"Thanks for letting me borrow your guitar when I sang my song." Ava said. "You're welcome. You take care of yourself, okay?" John said. "I will. Goodbye, John." Ava said. "Bye, Ava." Said John. Next, Ava goes to Ringo and gives him a hug.

"You're an amazing drummer. I'll make sure to listen for you on the radio." Said Ava. "Thank you." Ringo said. "You're welcome. I'll miss you, Ringo." Ava said. "I'll miss you too, Ava." Said Ringo. Next up, Ava says her goodbyes to George and gives him a hug.

"Keep up those rocking guitar solos." Said Ava. "I'll do that." George said. "Good. So long, George." Ava said. "Goodbye, Ava." Said George. Last but not least, it was time to say goodbye to Paul. The others heard the sound of sniffling as Ava approached him.

"Paul, are you crying?" Ringo asked

"Paul, are you crying?" Ringo asked. "No, I have something in my eye." Said Paul. "Come on, Macca! Don't lie to us!" John said. "There's no point in denying it." George said. "Okay fine, I'm crying!" Paul said. Ava hugs him as he continues to sob.

"I know this is hard for you, but you'll adjust. I'm sure of it." Said Ava. "No I won't! I'm never gonna see you again, and I won't get over it! Letting you go is the hardest thing ever, and I wish I didn't have to do this!" Cried Paul. "I know, Paulie. But I want you to know that I'll always love you." Ava said. "I love you too, my darling." Paul sniffed.

The couple shares one last kiss and they stay this way for a long time. After they pull away, they lock eyes. Ava caresses Paul's face. "No matter where I go, I'll always be with you." Said Ava. "So will I." Said Paul tearfully. "I'll miss you, Paul." Ava said. "I'll miss you too, Ava." Paul said. Ava kisses Paul on his cheek one more time and picks up the bags with the dresses and shoes Paul bought. "I'll miss all of you." Said Ava. She waves to The Beatles and they wave back.

Ava pushes the year button on the watch as the portal opens. She and Paul exchange one last glance and she blows him a kiss. Paul blows one back to the girl he loves as he continues to tear up. Ava steps through the portal as she makes her way back to 2020.

Here's the song Ava sang earlier. It's called Without You by Victoria Duffield. Tap the thumbnail to hear this bittersweet song. ~ Amanda