Epilogue 3 - Angst

It had been about three years since they first met, and Iwaizumi, Oikawa, Makki, and Mattsun had all gone in different directions within the military.

Today Mattsun and Iwaizumi, who had been honorably discharged a few months ago, were traveling somewhere special. 

"Can you believe its already been a year? Feels like it was just yesterday..." Iwaizumi started, looking forward.

"Damn straight. Still hurts though. Even worse today than normal." Mattsun said, wiping his eyes.

Iwaizumi nodded.

They were standing in the rain, infant of a delicately crafted headstone. Which read, Takahiro Hanamaki Matsukawa. Raindrops dripped off of the silver band on Mattsun's left ring finger, as he brushed tears out of his eyes. "Damnit Hana. We were supposed to spend the rest of our lives together. But you just had to go get yourself killed."

The two stood like that, crying in the rain for hours, before finally leaving their flowers and returning home.

-Several days later-

A knock sounded on Iwaizumi's door. "Is this the residence of Iwaizumi Hajime?" A stern voice called.

Iwaizumi stood up from his lunch and walked over to open the door. When the door was cracked, and he saw who it was, he immediately slammed it shut. Damnit. Damnit damnit damnit. 

He finally mustered the strength to open the door again, and locked eyes with the stone-faced soldier standing in front of him. "Afternoon, sir."

"I assume you are Mr. Iwaizumi?" The man asked.

Iwaizumi nodded. "Yes."

The man raised his hand to salute. "I am here with my deepest sorrow to inform you that Sergeant Oikawa Tooru has fallen in battle. We thank him for his service, and offer you and all of his loved ones our most heartfelt condolences."

-

Fin