09 // May 21, 2014

“So can I take you out on a proper date, then?”

   Leah couldn’t stop the grin from coming to her face. Luke must be simply nervous to ask her this since his handwriting didn’t seem that neat the usual way it does. Her heart did a couple takes of leaps in beating and butterflies swarmed her stomach. She wrote back her response, careful not to rest her elbows on the map and accidentally tear it up.

“If I said yes then, where would you even take me?”

   In no less than a few minutes, his response came but his handwriting became messier and messier and he had crossed out a couple of times. But over all, it said:

“I’d take you to a nice restaurant for dinner and discuss about things that we’ve missed in the times that we’ve been apart (I even made a pun out of it; isn’t it great?). And then we’d take a nice midnight stroll throughout the city and embrace the coming of summer only a few days away. And hopefully, that would be start of something great. And I’d probably take off the lip ring to be formal and stuff because you might not like it when you see it.”

   Leah laughed; of course, of all the things he would be worried about is the fact whether she would like the look of his lip ring once they met and not the restaurant where they’d meet or the fact that Leah didn’t exactly stuck up on being too formal since she had enough of that lifestyle with her parents.

“You could wear a muscle tee, ripped jeans, flip flops and your lip ring still on and I wouldn’t mind — as long as you promise that this restaurant would serve great food and has great service.”

“So it’s going to be all about the food, is it?”

“Not entirely. Probably 65% of it.”

“I feel assured right now that maybe I could just tell you the address to a park and we’d just settle for ordering pizza right there and some Chinese takeout. You wouldn’t mind that scenario, would you?”

“As long as you promise that A) there’s going to be food, B) you’re going to show up and C) we’d be able to talk to each other fully without having to write tediously on a fragile map that I might accidentally tear up any time.”

“The map is fine to me.”

“To you, it is. But remember that it’s been two years, Hemmings, and your map happened to have ended up with my best friend-slash-roommate back in our dorm room, all dry and wrinkly like how all humans are going to end up as. If this map ever tears up, there’s a huge possibility that”

“You know what, don’t continue that statement. You’re making me worry over stuff I shouldn’t worry about.”