Stop comparing yourself to others

Hey! How are you feeling today? I hope your doing good. In today's generation we tend to compare ourselves to others. Why are they doing so well and me why I can't? That's the word always came out on our minds. But I tell you it doesn't matter if others life were doing good and you are not. All of us have different paths and journeys, because we are unique in our on way. Just like the flowers let's look at this two flowers are they both beautiful? 

 Just like the flowers let's look at this two flowers are they both beautiful? 

Yes they are! It doesn't matter if you are a rose or sunflower because you blooms in your own way

Yes they are! It doesn't matter if you are a rose or sunflower because you blooms in your own way. Did you hear the song Sunflower? The lines of the song tells " But I'm Sun flower a little funny if I were a rose maybe you'd want me?" In the movie (I forgot the title, tell me if you knows it) that song was sang by a fat girl, she compares herself to her friend which is beautiful and sexy. In connection with our topic right now the fat girl address herself as the Sunflower and her friend was the Rose. Try to watch that movie it tells you to be just yourself.  Anyway let's move on, Flowers were also like us we shine in our own light, look at the flowers they didn't compete with each other because they know they are beautiful. So stop comparing yourself to others because you are you! You are different from others, God created us differently but his love for us is equal.

                    Here are 3 things to do in order for you to stop comparing yourself to others.

1. Love yourself- if you love yourself there's no reason for you to compare yourself to others. Because you know yourself and you know that if others can do, of course you can do it also. Loving yourself is the first step to a happy life. Because comparing is the thief of Joy. Don't let that happened cheer up! You are wonderful!
2. Avoid the use of social media- Yes you read it right! I know everyone of us love this thing and some of us can't live without it. But I tell you it was one of the amazing decision I've ever made! I shut down all of my social media and it gives me the piece of mind that I long for. It helps me grow into a better person I've wanted. Social media makes us compare ourselves to others as we scroll up and down and see the achievements of others we feel so down and ask ourselves why I can't do that? Instead of doing that why spend our time reading the word of God. In this quarantine he is the one we needed, so practice avoiding social media for just 1 hr. or 2 hrs. a day and give your self time to relax and pray.

3. Practice daily affirmations- This one is very effective to me, I hope it will also be effective to you:). As you wake up in the morning, say to your self this words:
I am beautiful, I am brave, I am strong, I am wonderful, I am loved, I am amazing I am a warrior princess of God!

You can also make your own affirmation as long as it makes you feel good. Then after that you can play some music to refresh your mind in the morning, you can try some soft music that may helps your mind relax. Don't forget to hydrate yourself! Have a nice day.

Love,
Grace God's warrior Princess