𝘴𝘪𝘹

═════ ◈ ═════

═════ ◈ ═════

while wrapped up in each other's arms, suddenly, everything clicked. the fleeting glances, the slight brush of hands during missions, lingering touches, the rapid beating of their hearts. it all made sense.

they were—

akutagawa would not finish that sentence. he would not believe it, he was not lying in beside atsushi at three in the morning, he was not feeling relaxed and about to fall asleep, he was definitely not pining—

"stop thinking so hard, brain is gonna' burst," atsushi murmured.

atsushi needed to stop interrupting his inner monologue.

"go sleep," akutagawa spoke lazily and atsushi huffed.

"i can't!" he whined. "you're thinking too loud, it's distracting."

akutagawa decided it was time he confronted the weretiger, "since you're clearly not going to let me sleep, i have a few... questions." atsushi hummed in reply.

"what's bothering you?" and he felt atsushi stiffen.

after what seemed like hours, he answered, "you're always sad." akutagawa had the urge to scowl.

"and...?" he prompted.

"so i'm sad too." akutagawa was at a loss for words.

"you're always looking for dazai-san's approval," akutagawa growled, atsushi continued unfazed, "and you're always getting hurt, sick too."

"i just— you deserve better." his voice melted as he pressed further into akutagawa's neck, seemingly embarrassed. ( guess he's not drunk anymore )

akutagawa was taken aback. no one ever told him that. he ignored the warmth that flooded his heart.

"so you need to be happy." atsushi finished. he shifted his head and pressed his lips under akutagawa's jaw. "and i'll be happy too."

akutagawa was overheating and was about to explode.

"s–so what do you suggest i do?" he could not run away forever. it was time he faced it.

atsushi replied, "we date of course." akutagawa choked again, how many times did he choke that night?

"i know you like me, i like you too! so let's date," atsushi removed himself from akutagawa to speak. "... who gave you that idea?" was all akutagawa managed after atsushi's blatant confession.

"chuuya–san!" of course it was. "he said, 'if you like each other, then just confess!'"

as if sensing the other's apprehension, atsushi grabbed his hand, gently intertwining their fingers. "don't worry, i'll be with you the whole journey, we'll do it together," there was smile on atsushi's face, the most genuine and sincere smile akutagawa had ever seen.

akutagawa craved to see it more. he too, did not suppress the gradual smile that formed.

he stared. he stared at atsushi for what seemed like an eternity and he found himself getting lost in those sunset eyes.

atsushi stared back. it was as if they were frozen in time, none of them able to look away.

without warning, atsushi rolled over him, caging akutagawa's head with his arms, still maintaining eye contact. all of a sudden, the tension was broken and all coherent thoughts were thrown out of the window.

atsushi leaned forward, right hand sliding under akutagawa's head while akutagawa wrapped his arms around atsushi's neck.

and when their eyes met once more, their lips clashed.

it was everything akutagawa had imagined and more. atsushi's lips were slightly chapped, there was a lingering taste of tea on rice in his mouth. he could feel the way the other's nose brushed against his cheek, the feel of atsushi's fingertips lightly scratching his scalp.

it was addicting and akutagawa could not help but pull him closer.

━━━━━ ₍˄·͈༝·͈˄₎◞ ̑̑ೃ࿔ ━━━━━

wattpad finally let me
update this after like
what, 2 weeks ? yay !

writing this chapter was
mentally draining haha.

one more chapter !!