9

"Uncle Donald, can I talk to you?" Huey asked.

"Of course, what is it?"

"So, I did a little research, and Mom's name doesn't come up anywhere as a voice actress. Furthermore, the cartoon you showed Dewey happened to have an actress under the name of Paget Brewster. So, unless she's going under another name, she couldn't possibly be a voice actress."

Donald was dumbfounded. He hadn't expected Huey to find out that he was lying.

"Yes, she's going under that name, the one you said. I know it's her, I recognize her voice. I had no idea she was using a fake name. I mean, Paget. What kind of name is that?"

"It's more common than you thi--"

"Okay, shoo, microbe. Stop asking questions."

Huey walked out with a huff.

"I think he's lying," Huey said, spreading out a bunch of papers with notes. "I looked through Uncle Donald's stuff, and Mom and him are twins."

"Twins?" Dewey asked.

"Two children born at the same time. We're triplets, three children born at the same time. And this Paget person is in her mid 40's, much older than Uncle Donald."

"She's using a different age, too?"

"No, I think Mom and this person are two different people. Uncle Donald's lying."

Dewey looked at the picture of his mom, then at the picture of the actual actress. The actual actress had shoulder-length black hair and she looked older than their mom. Huey was right.

"So, what really happened to Mom?" he asked.

"I don't know, Dewey," Huey said, writing something in cursive. "Maybe she's..."

"She's dead?"

*sigh* "No, she's not. I think she's alive. We understand death now, Uncle Donald would've told us if she was dead. I think she's just gone somewhere else."

"Does she not want us?"

Dewey started crying a little.

"No, I'm sure she wants us. Maybe she's just got a job somewhere far away. She'll be back."

"What about Dad?"

"Well, Uncle Donald won't even tell me his name. I don't know if he's lying or not about Dad."

"Should we try...searching his room?"

"I already have, I told you. Nothing on Mom, except for the box you found a few years back and the picture he gave you."

"We can search again. Maybe there's a secret room on the boat that hides everything about Mom and Dad."

"You watch too much TV. But, it's worth a try."