Four of Four

ᴄᴏʀᴛᴇᴢ

I watched as Miss Santiago walked into the canteen, grabbing herself a chicken caesar salad and a bottle of water. She bent over slightly, tapping her employee card onto a machine making my dick jump at the way her ass poked out.

"Hey Mr Cortez" She snapped me out of my thoughts. "Where did everyone go?" she looked around puzzled.

"They all went to lunch, Steve said you were busy" I told her causing her to scrunch her face up and look down.

"Why didn't you go?" she asked softly and I could tell she was visibly upset.

"I had a call." I kept it short.

"Oh, okay well do you want to come up and eat in my office" she smiled innocently and I nodded following her into the elevator.

"This looks good" I muttered walking in, it was nicely decorated large windows that overlooked the city.

"Thank you, my favourite thing is the view" She said sitting on her plush sofa and indicating for me to do the same.

"How do you find it here so far?" Her brown eyes looked up at me curiously.

"I mean its cool but its not home, I can't wait to get back"

"To New York?"

"Yeah how you know?" I said relaxing slightly.

"Your accent, it's very strong" she replied chuckling lightly.

Our conversation was cut short when we heard a knock on the door.

She stood up to open it revealing her assistant.

"Hey, everyones waiting in the conference room, are you ready?" she looked between us.

Miss Santiago looked at her finished food and then up at me "Sure, I'll meet you there I just need to grab a few things first"

I took that as my cue to get up and headed into the meeting room.

"Hey, sorry for the delay" Miss Santiago walked in shortly,

Once the meeting was done, I checked my phone seeing 3 missed calls from Sabrina. I sighed annoyed at her clinginess and mentally scolded myself for hitting her ass up.

ᴋᴀᴇʀᴀʜ

After the meeting had terminated, I saw everyone out of the conference room and handed the paperwork over to Angela.

"Make me a copy of these and send the permit off please"

"Sure, will you need anything else?" She asked before walking out and I nodded my head.

"Could you get someone to bring me a coffee please?"

"Of course, I'll have an intern send it up to you while I do this" She told me before heading out.

I walked into my office, deciding to take a quick 30 minute break.

"I thought you were home?" I noticed Steve was now sat on my couch.

"Why would I do that? I had to come and put my whore of a fiancée in her place" He chuckled bitterly before standing up and walking over to me,

He towered over me, a sinister grin on his face let me know I was about to bear the brunt of his anger.

"Please, not here. We can talk about this when I get home" I pleaded backing away slowly hoping he would just leave.

"You almost look good when you're scared" He spat, grabbing my face in his hand. He stood so close I could feel his breath on me and I almost missed his hand snaking its way to my throat gripping it tightly before lifting me off my feet.

A smile remained on his face as he watched me struggle for air. Tears streamed down my face as I almost lost consciousness.

I dropped to the floor with a hard thud before I was hit with a sharp kick to my stomach. Doubling over in pain I sobbed silently as his eyes scanned over my body on the floor. He carefully fixed his tie stepping over me on his way out.

I groaned when I heard knocking on my office door. "Kaerah, are you in there?" I heard Angela ask in a concerned tone.

I stood up slowly fixing my skirt and blazer, opening the door to let her in.

"Deja came to bring your coffee over and you weren't answering, is everything okay?"

"Thank you, yes I'm fine, do you mind blocking my schedule for the remainder of the day? You can work the rest of the afternoon from home" I told her wanting to be alone for a while.

I locked my office door once she had left, laying on the couch and set my alarm for 5:30.

I woke up shortly to my ringing alarm and a shooting pain in my stomach. I doubled over catching my breath before looking over my phone noticing I had 10 missed calls from an unknown number.

Me

Hey, who is this?

Unknown Number

Tez.

Me

Who?

Unknown Number

Mr Cortez, I left my wallet in your office, you still there?

I looked around finding it between my couch seats and text him back for him to collect it. I leaned back into my couch feeling light headed.

"Yo, Ms Santiago" I felt myself being shaken and winced at the pain.

"You good?" he asked me concerned and I nodded causing my headed to hurt as I winced again.

He chuckled walking over to my desk picking up my water bottle and handing it to me. I thanked him taking small sips as he towered over me watching me with slanted eyes.

He looked completely different out of his work attire, The white T-shirt he had on clung tightly to his muscles giving my a glimpse of his toned and heavily tattoo'd body. He paired it with some grey sweatpants and some white sneakers.

"You gone drink the water or you gonna sit here staring at me?" His smirked at me, his thick accent rolled off his tongue and I began to blush.

"My apologies" I replied keeping it professional

"You pregnant?" He asked making me choke slightly

"Huh?" I asked for confirmation, completely forgetting my manners.

"I just assumed you were, I don't know much about lady shit" he said and I nodded.

"No, Im not actually" I said slightly annoyed.

"Do you need a ride?" He asked me as he got ready to leave.

"Yes please, if you don't mind"

"You good." He said as he lead the way out to his car.

"Where too?" He asked

"Just my parents house please" I told him, knowing it would be a bad idea for him to drive me home.

He nodded, seemingly knowing the way and we arrived shortly.

"Thank you so much" I told him stepping out of the car, relieved only my mothers car could be seen in the driveway.

I walked in quietly hoping no one would notice me and ran up to my room locking the door and deciding to switch my phone off before stepping into the shower.

I sat on the floor letting the hot water cascade on to my back attempting to ease the built up tension. I thought about packing my things and running away but knew I would only make it so far. I had to learn to accept my faith.

I sat in the shower until the water had turned cold but it was numbing and so I sat still blocking out both my physical and emotional pain.

----