Six of Six

ᴋᴀᴇʀᴀʜ

"Hello princess! good to see you here, just who I was looking for." My father approached me placing two hands on my shoulders and guiding me out of the kitchen.

We walked across the large marble hallway into his study. My mother would always send me in here for misbehaving during my younger years.

I waved shyly at Mr Cortez not knowing the appropriate thing to do and he smirked before taking his seat.

Although he was sat on the smaller chair opposite my father he managed to tower over us both.

"There are a few things I need changed, here is the revised contract. Please check through all of the changes so there are no issues in future" he slid a copy to me and my father.

"Thank you, I will revise this as soon as possible" I said opening the contract and flipping through the pages.

"You can handle this?" My father looked up at me.

"Yes I'll look over it today and get back to you. I'm also awaiting the permits so it could be a while before this moves forward" I fiddled with my thumbs.

"Ok well I fly back to New York in about a week or so, can you schedule something before that?" Mr Cortez inquired.

"Yes of course, I'll schedule something so we can go over your revised copy with everyone signing and and then another once the permits come through. Do you know when you return?"

"Nothing confirmed yet, but I'll let you know" he said standing up and shaking my fathers hand, seemingly ending the conversation.

"Kae why don't you show Mr Cortez to the kitchen for some breakfast and then show him out" he said taking a call.

I nodded turning on my heel and heading to the kitchen. Mr Cortez followed closely behind me and I could feel his gaze on me. My stomach fluttered nervously.

"Coffee?" I asked placing a pod in for myself.

"I don't really drink all that, you got any orange juice?"

I nodded before grabbing the breakfast that had previously been prepared along with his orange juice.

"You feeling better today?" He asked as he studied my every move.

"Much better" I nodded not wanting to discuss why I had been unwell.

He ate in silence as he stared into his phone with furrowed brows, whatever he was doing must've been important due to the permanent frown on his face.

He stood abruptly signalling he was ready to go.

"Try look at those for me tonight" he said giving me a side hug

I froze at the sudden contact and inhaled his warm woody cologne before he stepped aside to open the door.

As he left I shook my head dazed before heading back to my room with my coffee and laptop deciding to do some work.

13:00

My stomach rumbled and I looked over at the time deciding to make a sandwich.

Not wanting to be heard I tiptoed down there stairs into the kit hen seeing a container with a note.

"Here's some Alfredo incase you are hungry. - Mama" I smiled placing it into the microwave. She knew it was one of my favourite meals.

I opened the fridge in search for a drink but spotted the wine cupboard and opted for a glass of wine instead.