v. coffee breaks

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔
FIVE — ( COFFEE BREAKS ! )

EVERYONE HAD BEEN NON-STOP ALL DAY, ESPECIALLY SYDNEY. She'd filmed her first scene with Chase and Madison which went great, she really enjoyed playing Juliet already. The cast also had to do some water tests where they had to sink to the bottom of a tank and hold their breath. Sydney wasn't sure why, she assumed it was health and safety reasons so they knew they could hold their breath as there were lots of scenes in the water. They had also had another surfing lesson.

It was around 2pm when Sydney finally managed to take a break and the first thing she wanted to do was find a coffee machine, she was desperate for some coffee. When she finally found one, Rudy had also happened to be using it and as much as Sydney wanted to just walk away and forget about it, she needed a coffee and she didn't know if she would get another break again.

Sydney slowly approached, hoping maybe Rudy wouldn't even notice she was there for a while but he did. He looked up at Sydney and caught her eye. He sent her a smile and looked away. At least he was being polite. The silence between them was really awkward and Sydney couldn't take it.

"This is really awkward, isn't it?" Sydney broke the silence to make things less awkward but it turned out, talking about the awkwardness just made it worse. She wished she'd kept her mouth shut.

Rudy chuckled. "Just a little bit." He knew Sydney was only trying to make it less awkward and he appreciated her doing that, he hated that it was like that between them.

"Look—" Sydney began, wanting to try and make it okay between the two, even if it was just to get through filming.

"Sydney, I—" Rudy seemed to have something to say too but it wasn't exactly the same as what Sydney wanted to say. He wanted to apologise. The two laughed and Rudy let Sydney talk. "You go."

Sydney let out a sigh. "I really don't want the next few months to be like this. I really wish neither of us were in this situation, but we are and there's nothing we can do other than just forget about it. It can't be like this." Sydney said looking at Rudy. "And I'm sorry for basically lying to everyone. I panicked and just thought everyone knowing would make it more awkward." She told him, she felt like an apology was needed for what she did. She didn't exactly give him a choice.

Rudy shook his head. "Uh, no, don't worry about it. I get why you did it. And I agree, this isn't exactly fun." He laughed.

"So, friends?" Sydney turned her body around and held out her hand. They just needed a fresh start.

Rudy shook her hand. "Yeah, friends."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

groupchat
( roomies )
sydney — syd
madelyn — maddie
madison — mads

maddie
FIRST NIGHT AS ROOMIES!!!!
we need to order a takeaway
have a real girly night

syd
pizza. always pizza

mads
pizza sounds really good rn

maddie
pizza it is

syd
pizza and movies

mads
yes absolutely!!

maddie
i brought one dvd with me
and one only
love actually

syd
I LOVE THAT MOVIE
i'm suck a sucker for romcoms/romance movies

mads
yes!!!!!!!!!!!
colin firth 😍😍😍😍

syd
AND hugh grant

maddie
it's settled then
pizza and love actually

syd
can't fucking wait

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

AUTHORS NOTE
rudy and sydney finally spoke!!!!!!!
not much angst because i'm saving it for later
hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote and comment!!!