Her?//I didn't meant to hurt you, B

This part will be written in Veronica's POV. Felt like doing something different. Enjoyyy!

"Is everything alright, Miss Lodge?" my butler asked me as i put my keys in the bowl by the front door. "Yes Paul. I'm fine." He responded with a slight nod and returned to the kitchen to make dinner. A small and exhausted sigh escaped my lips as I dragged myself up the stairs to my bedroom. "What have I done?" I asked myself quietly as I opened my bedroom door. "I hurt her again." I've always known that Elizabeth Cooper deserved a better best friend than me. I laid down on my king size bed and let my mind start to wander back to a simpler time.

~FLASHBACK~

"Hey V!" my bubbly blonde best friend said to me after hugging me tightly. We hadn't seen each other in 2 months seeing as I had to go back to new York with my parents for summer break. "Well hello there baby B!" I said giggling and hugging her back. "Don't you look stunning!" I exclaimed, holding her at arms length and looking at my gorgeous best friend in her dark grey mini dress. "Since when did Alice Cooper let you wear revealing clothing?" I asked her as I linked my arm with hers and entered the school. She let out an adorable giggle and smiled sweetly at me. "Oh! she said she didnt care if I was 'perfect' anymore." Betty said, air quoting the word perfect. I just smiled and nodded in response. I then noticed the swish of Betty's hips in her tight, short dress. My best friend truly was and is beautiful. was snapped out of my daze as she squealed. "Juggie!" she shouted excitedly, a smile full of love spreading across her face. "Hey there Juliet!" he shouted before returning her smile and picking her up in a hug. I looked at them as they exchanged 'I missed yous' and kisses. An unfamiliar feeling crept into my stomach. Suddenly 'bughead' wasn't a cute couple to me anymore. I clenched my fists and ignored the pain of my perfectly purple painted nails breaking the delicate skin of my palms. Then I felt two muscular arms wrap around my waist from behind. "Hey Ronnie." my ginger boyfriend whispered in my ear. But for some reason, it didnt send the same shivers down my spine as it used to. "Hello Archiekins." I said, turning around and putting my best and most convincing fake smile on my face as I kissed him. Nothing. I felt nothing when I kissed him. I noticed how he looked wistfully at Betty and Jughead, who were still being their normal cutsie selves. Then I realised that I was looking at them in the exact same way. It was that day that I realised I had fallen in love with my boyfriends best friend.

~FLASHBACK OVER~

I was snapped back to reality by a loud banging on the front door. I ignored it and left Paul to get it. I started realising how much I missed betty and Archie. I miss when me, her and the two boys used to hang out at pops, sharing milkshakes and secrets. The core four of Riverdale high school. A loud and familiar voice boomed through the halls, yelling my name. I could hear Paul trying to calm the woman down but it clearly wasn't working. I got myself off my bed and walked down the stairs, only to be met with Alice Cooper who was red with rage. Along with my beautiful, blonde best friend. "HOW FUCKING DARE YOU DO THIS TO MY DAUGHTER?! AGAIN!" Alice screamed at me, Betty cowering behind her. It was clear she had been crying. Her nose was red and her usually lively green eyes, were red and puffy, with no light behind them. "I-" I started but couldn't form a sentence. A few tears escaped and rolled down my cheeks. "Save your crocodile tears little girl!" Alice bellowed, walking towards me with Betty trailing not far behind. "I dont know why I did it." I managed to choke out. Betty's scoff could easily be heard, her tears long gone now. "So you dont know why you slept with both of my boyfriends?" she said with no emotion. I looked down in shame, wishing I could escape back to senior year when everything was easy. "You ruined my life 7 years ago, Veronica. And again today." she continued angrily. "You took the one thing I cared about. the one thing. Jughead." Betty said holding up one finger. "You took Archie from me the FIRST day you got here. But no, I let it go, I let you have him and I even welcomed you into our group." my former best friend now shouted. "I helped you with everything. I suffered in silence because you took the boy I had pined after so long. But I let it go because I fell in love with Jughead." she said, the ghost of a smile playing on her lips at the mention of his name. "I was finally happy, and in love. And I was SO happy for you and Archie. All I wanted was my 2 closest friends to be happy!" I stepped back slightly, staying silent, letting Betty get her feelings out. "I even REMINDED Archie that he loved YOU!" she screamed. "What do you mean?" I asked quietly, afraid of the answer. I may of fallen out of love with Archie but it didnt last long. I was pulled back in by his freckled face and his charming smile. "Oh thats right, he didn't tell you." she said with no expression, Alice smirking behind her daughter. "He took me to the bunker one day, after he kissed me in the music room." she said, taking a small step towards me. "Wha- he wouldn't do that." I said in disbelief. Betty just mirrored Alice's smirk and looked at me. "But he cheated on me? And we have been dating for longer than you did. And we've known each other a lot longer than you have." she giggled. "Oh but I was FARRR from finished, princess. He told me to lay down on the bed, so I did." I tried to swallow the lump in my throat. "And he lay beside me. He said that he loved me and regretted rejecting me." she said, still smirking evilly at me. "He wrote me a song. Did you know that? Well of course you did. He recycled it and said it was for you." realisation hits me as I remember the last song Archie ever sang to me.

~FLASHBACK~

"Your bright green eyes, captivate me" Archie sang whilst strumming his guitar flawlessly. I just sat on his bed staring at him with heart eyes. Thinking 'lucky me, my gorgeous perfect boyfriend has written a song. all. about. me.'

~FLASHBACK OVER~

Betty continued to tell me the events of their unknown night at the bunker. "I made him stop half way through. I told him I didnt love him like that anymore. I told him how in love with my dear Juggie I was." she said, now standing right in front of me, holding her hands to her chest fake smiling. "Then I literally had to TELL him that he loved you." she laughed a cruel humourless laugh, as did Alice. I felt the piece of my heart that Archie will always have, breaking slowly. "But.." I choked out, tears now cascading down my face. Betty put a sad pout on her face and tilted her head slightly. "What? Does little miss New York not like the truth?" she said smiling now. "Come on mom. Let's go. I'm done wasting anymore time on this whore." she spat out before grabbing her mothers hand and walking out the door, slamming it behind her. I looked at the ground and let the tears flow freely. I deserved everything she just said to me and more. But if I deserved it, then why does it hurt so much? I ran to the door and swung it open. Alice's car was pulling out the drive way. "I never meant to hurt you, B!" I shouted after the car. "I never meant to hurt you..." I whispered to myself after their car was gone.