8 || Gwyneth's Confession

The next day, we all gathered around to come up with a plan. We all had a lot to think about, trying to come up with ideas as to how to get inside the headquarters. Gally was still convinced that Teresa was their way inside, along with Beth stepping in and including Aris in the plan as well.

We were all together for a meeting in one of the rooms similar to what we had back at the camp. Gally and Beth explained their idea to the others, while Thomas paced back and forth as he listened to what he heard already.

Finally, once the two were done, Thomas shook his head. "No. There's gotta be another way."

Gally almost threw his hands in the air out of frustration. "Like what? You've seen the building. She's our only way in."

"Don't forget the stick's boyfriend, too," Beth added. "He's just as part of this as she is."

I rolled my eyes. "Again, his name is Aris, and he is not my boyfriend."

"Well, do you two really think they'll help us?" Thomas asked Gally and Beth.

"We weren't really planning on asking for their permission," Gally retorted.

Brenda huffed a sigh. "Okay, am I missing something here? This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick?"

Gally looked at us and pointed at Brenda. "I like her."

Brenda ignored his comment focused on Thomas. "What's going on?"

All of us stared at the boy, some with concerned looks and others looking perplexed. I could see the uneasy look on Thomas' face.

"Piper, what do you think?" Thomas questioned me out of nowhere.

I widened my eyes in surprise. "Why are you asking me?"

"Because you and Aris are close and I know seeing him in there working for them probably...well..." Thomas trailed off, because we both knew what he was trying to say.

I sighed, folding my arms over my chest. "I mean, if what Gally and Beth said is true about them being our only way in, then we need to go ahead and take that opportunity."

Thomas shot me a disagreeing look, then looked down at the table. "It just sounds...I don't know..."

"What, are you afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt?" Newt spoke up, giving Thomas a serious look, almost looking angry. "This has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho and Lillie, has it?"

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Thomas asked, confused.

"I'm talking about Teresa," Newt snapped. "She's the only reason that Minho and Lillie are missing in the first place! Now we finally have an opportunity to get them back, and what, you don't want to because of her?" Newt cornered Thomas against the wall. "Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it. Piper seems to be okay with it, even if Aris is working for them now..."

"Newt, stop it!" I shouted, but he ignored me.

"Newt..." Thomas said calmly.

"DON'T LIE TO ME!" Newt yelled, pushing Thomas. "DON'T. LIE. TO. ME."

We all stood there in silence and shock at Newt's behavior. He always seemed to calm, as if he had his emotions all straightened out. But here, shouting at Thomas, reacting in an angry way, this wasn't him.

Newt's eyes softened as he backed off of Thomas. "Sorry," he muttered, then turned around at us. "I'm sorry." With that, he held a grip on his right arm and walked out.

"What the hell is his deal?" Aurora asked.

Gwyneth had a sad look on her face. "I think I know." She followed him out, along with Thomas.