Act 5. Breaking up the Chains

Lesley's mother's story probably influenced me into going against my father's wishes to get wed to Guinevere, especially now that I discovered my brothers are being lulled by my father's magic to follow his wishes.

I called on Guinevere and told her with all honesty about my feelings for her that I can only offer friendship and I am prepared to be disowned by my family. And hell, no, I'm not telling her I discovered her little rendezvous with that Granger, except if she drove me into a corner. She decided for it too, that's no longer my concern.

"Is there another woman you love?" she asked. I looked her in the eye and I nodded. She was just stopping herself from crying. "Gusion, I... I waited for you.. And then this?" her right hand flew to her mouth and then onto her forehead. I hate to see that stupendous reaction, trying to fake it now that I knew what's really going on. She was thinking what she did wrong and if she missed something she could not give me. She bit her lip and I can see her shoulders shaking. I wanted to console her but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Five years of being admitted to the relationship, eight years of being forcefully engaged, but strictly no physical contact whatsoever, and a year of her seeing Lesley's fiancé.

For me, yes it was love at first sight but, as the feelings progress for years, comes a point that you'd question yourself on what the hell were doing with your life jailed in such an agreement you didn't want in the first place? And yes, I don't want it. I can thank her brother for knocking some sense to me before I tie myself for someone unworthy.

"Gusion, did you... Did you do it with this other girl?" she hesitantly asked. My eyes went wide, I just shrugged and let out a sigh. I didn't want to answer it. All with her bullsh*t, I can't stand it. She looked at me with tears now in her eyes, "T-tell me, what does she look like?" I cannot describe her given the circumstances. I just shrugged and said, "I want you to listen first, this time, please, don't interrupt me, is that okay?" I cupped her cheeks and looked at her with a pretend sorrow in my eyes, seeing her in tears. If she can fake an emotion, I can do the acting tenfold. She nodded so I continued, "This hurt me actually, looking at the first woman I loved. It's a decision I made five years ago when I met this woman who changed the way I look at things and no more unnecessary reactions to it, as well as the way I look at how my life has been. I was afraid to tell you right away because I can't let you face my father's temper, as well as us getting counseled whatsoever. Eight years ago, we first met, I fell in-love with you, that's true. Given that you know, every mage's pride is their craft, I also had mine. I am a Paxley, Gwen - - selfish, prideful, spoiled." She looked at me deeply ,"What is she like?"

Fate isn't fair and led me to meet another girl capable of dealing with me. "Well, she's fast enough to shut me up with epic comebacks whenever I act all high and mighty, she quickly subdues my narcissistic side by her own comebacks. She doesn't swoon or squeal, instead she corrects me. She gives me safety but does not lead me. She'd go side by side with me, keeping me safe within her range. I don't understand it at first, but I slowly realized I am falling in-love with her for five years..." She was looking at me still, waiting for me to continue. "Five years?! And you hid it from me under false pretense?" she shot back. I kept silent. "Why bother showering me with affections, huh? Just to save your face from your family and mine?"

Still I kept silent, I don't want a rebuttal about Granger. I want to hold it in but she continued on, "Gusion...you..you bastard! That was too much pain, don't you know? Tell me, what does she look like and what is her name!" I sighed and just told her generic description I can think of, "She's beautiful inside and out. Reserved, diplomat, but deadly." I simply cannot say she has this ridiculously long and alluring magenta hair, magnetic gray eyes, luscious lips, hourglass figure - - an epitome of a celestial beauty. Guinevere is stuttering because of her tears, "I-I can be that woman too, y-you know... I can change, Gusion. I can! Just tell me what to do!" I shook her shoulder and said, "Gwen, that's enough. You don't have to. Again, I fell out of love. It wasn't your fault..." She yelled while crying, "What do you mean it's not my fault, when in fact it is? I wasn't careful, I was too trusting, I was too careless that I didn't even come to realize my fiance is already looking at another woman besides me! How can you say it's not my fault?! What did I lack that she has? Tell me, Gusion, because I think I'm going crazy after this!" she is stifling her cries.