Pythias and Damon

"The emotional safety provided by friendship means not having to weigh your thoughts and measure words. True friendship is when someone knows you better than yourself and takes a position in your best interests in a crisis"

I was up long before it is 6am, i avoid bumping time with my mom as she needs to get hurry for her work.

7:30 am and Im all good, nauna na ko sa kotse and wait for her, drops of dried leaves is the usual scenery my eyes loves to watch, it is relaxing and peaceful, its like telling you that whatever happen things will always end positive--which is not true!

Then my mom came in,

"kumpleto na ba gamit mo?"--Mama

I just nod at her and she smiled back, mabilis na nyang pinaandar ang kotse dahil my meeting daw sya that she needs to catch

Almost 30mins lang and nasa tapat na kami ng school ko, i head my way to my room same as usual,

"Look whos here, the nerdy" --Fatima

Wala namang masama kung tawagin akong nerd coz it doesnt make sense anyway, the thing is, when they try to stop me from going to my room, yes hinaharangan nila ko just to say all their mocking words and insults which i dont really care anymore.

After saying all their trash words i guess they get too tired, and so thats my signal to get pass through.

When i enter the room, someone is sitting on my designated chair, the girl who slap me.

"I believe this is my chair" i said

"Its mine now, sa ibang chair ka na" --unknown

"You go get your own chair, the class will start soon" i said but she didnt listen

I guess thats her way to annoy me, is she looking for a fight? Or just want to get revenge? What for? I just got a slap on my face from her..

Instead of arguing naupo na lang ako sa dulo, she gaze on me that my peripheral vision saw it, i knew it, she is just annoying me but unfortunately for her im not.

"Regarding to our topic yesterday, can anyone explain who is Pythias and Damon"- Mrs. Dela Tore

And as expected no one raise their hand and i dont want to, not because i cant or i wanna blend in but id rather be called than make myself in.

"Nimfa, please explain"- Mrs. Dela Tore

My eyes are waiting to know who is Nimfa, hindi ako familiar saknila pero as far as i remember i never encounter that name ever since i was part of this class.

My eyes roaming left and right but i was stop when the girl who slap me stand and hold her book.

Nimfa, so she is Nimfa, i just stare at her waiting for her explanation and then she open her mouth.

"Damon and Pythias is a legend in Greek historic writings illustrating the Pythagorean ideal of friendship. Pythias is accused of and charged with plotting against the tyrannical Dionysius I of Syracuse. Pythias requests of Dionysius to be allowed to settle his affairs on the condition that his friend, Damon, be held hostage and, should he, Pythias, not return, be executed in his stead. When Pythias returns, Dionysius, amazed by the love and trust in their friendship, frees them both" -Nimfa