29. Lilia Evener

It was about a girl who had no identity, parents, and....feelings. She was regarded as a tool for war because of her amazing abilities in magic. She was a once in a lifetime genius.

A human girl who has unlimited amount of magic, a girl who is able to cast any spell. People feared her, despised her, and pitied her. They feared of her power, despised by those whose families were killed by, but most of all, they pitied her. She had fame, wealth, position, and authority. Everything except for emotions.

She had never bathed in love, was never shown love. All her life, she only knew how to survive, how to kill. When they discovered her abilities, she had given them the power they wanted. She killed their enemies and brought them victory. It should've made her happy, yet why is it that her heart felt empty?

She knew not of these feelings called emotion, until one day, when she was betrothed to a young prince for the sake of an alliance. The two then quickly came to know one another.

To the girl, he was her shining star. The only light in her life, for he had shown her something that no one had. He showed her the good in everything, but in the end, he had also made her realize the selfishness in human's heart.

They quickly got married, and for the first time, the girl felt so exhilarated and elated. She felt so happy that her heart felt as if it was about to burst. She was quite content for awhile, until it was destroyed by the news of yet another war.

Her dear husband was sent to fight in the war for he was the crown prince, heir to the throne. The girl opposed of it, she didn't want to lose him. She knew the price of war, and that...is the lives of many.

The last word he said to her was, "Be happy, be free. Live for yourself and not for others. I may not be able to come back, but you must promise me to not wait for me, Alina."

Alina did not want to listen to him, she wanted to go with him. "I can fight!"

"When you married me, you promised to forget the past. I don't want your hands to be bathed in blood again. The oath that you made, you know that you cannot break it."

The princess could do nothing but wait for the man. She waited and waited... but he never came back to her arms again.

They brought him back as dead as he could be. No life could be seen from his face, she would never be able to his beautiful eyes. Never again would she be able to see his shining bright smile.

Her husband's death had broke her. The man that showed her how to love, how to live... the man that had given her the name in which she treasured dearly. 'Alina' the name that meant 'light'....

Her tears flowed, from her eyes glinted deep hatred. Days and nights went by, everyday, the princess could be seen in the library. No one knew what she was up to, until one day when a strong spell was casted from the tower. This spell was the most powerful spell they had felt.

This spell was a spell that the girl created to break the oath spell. In the process of doing so, she sacrificed her emotions and sealed her heart. Then, the spell that was casted at her broke. She now felt power surging into her veins.

With her power restored, she created another race called the witches.