Chapter 4 - You'll Never Know, Dear

(A/n): I slightly changed what happens in the butterfly estate just so you know

  My eyes flickered open. I was staring at a ceiling. Quickly blinking away the tired from my head. I attempted to move myself into a sitting position. Instantly I found that I couldn't. Shifting my eyes downwards I found the cause. A pile of yellow and red hair was laying across my stomach. I sighed knowing exactly who it was. Moving my left hand up to play with his hair. It was always soft and fun to mess around with. As I drew my hand through his hair I became more aware of my surroundings.

   Or more importantly where Kyojuro's hands were. One was curled carefully around my waist. The other was laid on my upper thigh. My breath hitch at this realization. A raging blush soon followed. I quickly tugged on his hair in a frantic attempt to get him awake. I was beyond flustered at this point. I was borderline aroused at this.

  "Ara ara," I immediately recognized the voice of Shinobu "(Y/n)-chan only just woke up and is already getting flustered."

   The blush that stained my cheeks was getting worse by the second. You could practically see the steam coming off my face.

   "I hope you don't mind sharing a room," Shinobu said as if she didn't say something embarrassing "I'm moving three young Kanoe (it says Tanjiro is a Kanoe on the wiki so I'm gonna roll with the others are Kanoe as well) in here."

   "Oh- I don't mind," I say, trying to shake off my flustered state.

   "Good you don't have a say in it anyways but I thought it best to inform you," Shinobu said with a smile "You know he hardly left your side... The only time he did was when he was forced to so he could attend the Hashira meeting."

   A soft smile graced my lips. I glanced down at the sleeping Hashira. My hand playing with his hair absentmindedly. Not noticing when Shinobu left the room. I only refocused when three people and a box were carried into the room. They were laid down in the three beds lined up on the wall opposite to mine. The strange box was set up against the wall. The people carrying them left with only a quick nod of acknowledgment.

  Soon after they left the yellow haired boy woke up. He woke with a shout echoing out of his throat. Which made Aoi come in to scold him and gave him some medicine. He had taken a sip of his medicine before spitting it out. Claiming it tasted bad. Aoi forced him to drink it all, not having the patience to deal with him.

  After she was done Aoi came over to me and gestured for my arm. I shot her a confused look. She pointed at my right arm. I lifted it from under the blanket. Expecting to see the rest of my arm. But I only saw it down to the elbow. My eyes widened. I had lost the lower half of my arm.

  Aoi stepped over Kyojuro to get closer to me. She nimbly unwound the bandaging. Before quickly swapping it out for a new one. Making sure to wrap it tightly but not too tight so the stitches don't reopen.

  After she finished wrapping the entirety of my arm. I asked what had happened to me. I couldn't remember anything. Aoi said that I had been attacked by a lower moon. Though I had won the fight. I passed out from blood loss. Shinobu and Giyuu were nearby and my crow had gone to them for assistance. Shinobu found me and brought me to the butterfly estate. None of them knew exactly what happened. Only that when they got there I was passed out and missing most of my right arm. Shinobu had to amputate it at the elbow because of how mutilated it was. 

  Oyakata-sama had requested that all of my missions henceforth be put on ice. Because I couldn't fight properly. Especially with only having one functional arm. I understood why I wasn't allowed to go on missions. The fact that my breath style revolved around the use of both hands and being confined to a bed and all. But it didn't make me feel like any less of a burden. 

  After Aoi filled me in on everything she took her leave. A few hours after she left and my ear being talked off by the yellow haired guy whose name I now know as Zenitsu. The burgundy haired boy boy woke up. He woke up way calmer than Zenitsu did. Though when he saw Kyojuro he had a panicked look on his face. But after determining that Kyojuro was asleep -this man sleeps like a rock- he relaxed himself.

  "Ah? Who are you," Burgundy-head asked when he was done looking over his friends injuries.

  "My name is (L/n) (Y/n), the Wisteria Hashira," I introduced myself.

  "Awe~ You have such a pretty name (Y/n)-chan," Zenitsu swooned.

  At this point I was totally used to his antics. I swear he proposed to me every five seconds before burgundy-head woke up. Though he should cut it out before Kyojuro wakes up. He gets really jealous when people flirt with me. And I'm not in any state to hold him down when he acts up.

  Speak of the devil. I felt his weight shift on top of me. The arm he had wrapped around my waist tightened. While the one on my thigh moved up ever so slightly. My face broke out into a violent blush. Just him having his hands on me were making me have... those kinds of thoughts.

  "(L/n)-san, are you okay your face is all red," Burgundy-head pointed out "Are you sick?"

  I waved my hand in dismissal "No, no I'm fine."

Extra~

  I shifted the position of my hands. Teasing her even more. I had been awake for several minutes. And it was fun to tease her. But I'd probably get trouble when I revealed myself to being awake. 

(A/n): school started up again last week and my brother has to use my laptop for school so updates are going to get more hectic. I apologize in advance.