~ Enemy of Dawn ~

"We've got a problem!" Alec exclaimed

I looked at him anxiously, waiting for him to tell me what the problem was. He held the note up for me too see.

"I have a feeling that this is about you."

On the note, the letters "452" were written. I inhaled sharply. I looked at Alec panicking.

"Four hundred and fifty-two what?" Ella asked confusingly. Stepping out from behind me.

"It's pronounced more like 4.5.2" Alec explained. "It's your mother's designation"

"Designation?" She asked questionably.

"Those numbers I told you about. The ones Manticore gave us" Alec said.

"Wow, you sound like slaves" she was shocked.

"Slaves, prisoners, soldiers... same thing." He answered shrugging nonchalantly.

I stood there. Ignoring Ella and Alec talking. There was no point, all they were talking about was time-consuming and useless. I was busy thinking about a way out of this. Who was the note from? Why is it always me? Why do I matter? I don't get it, it's all so confusing. How the hell am I supposed keep Ella safe? I never wanted her to get involved.

I looked at Ella and Alec laughing. How are they so calm? How can they be laughing and making jokes? I have no clue who said what and what was said but I couldn't care less.

"Am I the only one here worried about this?" I asked rather pissed off.

"Hey, don't worry, I'll protect you!" Alec said flirtatiously, flashing me a smile.

"How comforting" I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

Alec tried to hide the fact that my snarky remark hurt him. I felt bad for a second but moved on quickly, not wanting to waste time.

"Anyway... moving on, who do you think threw that through the window," Ella said wanting to change the conversation noticing the awkward tension in the air.

"White" I quipped.

"White? He hasn't bothered us since we completely humiliated him and his weird little posse."

"Maybe because he's changing his priorities to only hunting me"
"Why you? I mean, I get that you've got the perfect DNA and that you're the special one that C.J. The snake loving psychopath was talking about but c'mon... really? After all this time?" Alec asked.
"I doubt he ever stopped" I said inhaling deeply.