Page 4

"We aren't." Kakashi said in an unusual tone of voice. It wasn't nonchalant. Iruka brushed it off, though. That kind of reaction is normal.

Tenzo just looked at the two, and he smiled. A devious smile. Kakashi just glared at him, and Iruka felt as if the two of them knew something that he didn't.

Iruka looked down at the floor. What are they keeping  away from me? Surprisingly, the floor was clean. He heard the familiar sound of deafening chatter through the lunchroom. He could hear Kakashi and Tenzo talking casually. He could hear Gai and Asuma arguing about whatever it is that they're arguing about. He heard yelling from the lunch ladies. Anko stole all the dango again... Loud... It's louder than usual, isn't it?

His ears started ringing. It hurt... He thought about the past few years, he felt all the mistakes and the joy, the anger, the betryal. 

He thought about Mizuki again. He felt a sharp pain in his chest, his heart was heavy. He found himself looking back on that day he met Kakashi quite a lot. So many emotions. Regrets. The pain in his chest stopped .

Do I love him?

  01:56 P.M.

"Oi! Kakashi!" Iruka knocked on his door. He waited for a good twenty seconds(the keyboard suggested sex instead of seconds, send help) until Kakashi opened the door. Kakashi was covering his mouth, and Iruka was a bit disappointed. Even after those couple of nights at his house, he never saw Kakashi's face.

 "Oh. Hi Iruka-san. Come on in."

 " Sorry for barging in. "

 "It's not a problem. You only woke me up."

 He walked into the bathroom and put on his mask. Iruka walked in and tried to catch a small glimpse of his face, but he didn't.

(A/N) Wouldn't Kakashi have some weird tan line? It never snows in konoha, according to everything I have witnessed, and it only rains on sad episodes because logic. Just a little thing to think about.

He walked out of the bathroom. "What brings you here?"

 "I felt a bit lonely and you're the only one who lives close by that I trust, somewhat."

 " Flattered. "

 "Why are you so sarcastic today?"

 " I'm sorry. I'm a bit tired... You woke me up. It's Saturday, I usually sleep in. "He yawned and walked over to the kettle. "Want some tea?" He asked, slower than usual. "Umm.. Yes please..."

Iruka thought a bit. "You stayed up late, didn't you?" Iruka asked. Kakashi nodded, assuming that Iruka was looking at him. "May I ask what you were doing?"

 " I was lying in bed thinking about life. "

Who exactly is he? He's so secretive and distant... Locked doors and shallow answers... He's always wearing that mask. It makes me curious...

Kakashi handed him a cup of tea, and placed his own cup down beside Iruka's. "Thank you." Iruka picked up the cup and started to drink, looking up at Kakashi at the other side of the kotatsu. He pulled down his mask, revealing his face.

"Why cover your face when you answer the door but take it off so easily when you drink your tea?" Iruka asked, teasing him. " It's because I think I can trust you... " Kakashi said. He took another sip of tea. Iruka didn't know what to say. He didn't expect an actual answer, and was caught off guard.

'end of flashback '

The bell rang. Everyone started to head out, and Iruka finally woke up from his daydreaming.

Oh... I forgot to eat... He grabbed his things and began to walk to his next class.

'more flashbacks'

All those years ago I thought to myself: Iruka is way too nice. He can be stern and teases others sometimes, but hell he can't protect himself. That day he just lay down there, crying. That day, I swore I'd be there for Iruka. Kakashi thought. I wanted to be needed by someone  again.

"Bakashi!"

 " Shut up! You can't even get to class on time! You're the only idiot here!"

"Guys! Stop it! Thhis is a group project! Just try to get along! "

"Oh umm... Sorry Rin..."

" You're too easy on Obito, he'll probably never get over his habit of being late! "

Obito ignored Kakashi, now working on his part of the worksheet.

"He'll be fine. It's never more than five minutes late, so he never misses much. Now, Kakashi- Kun. Get to work." She glared at him. Kakashi did as he was told and got back to work.

Kakashi sighed. He looked at the scar on his hand, then in the mirror, to see a scar over his eye. These were nothing compared to the emotional scars. But, in a way, these were emotional scars...

 "I won't let Iruka turn out like Obito and Rin."