19

The cold breeze mingles through the huddle of bodies and I as we make our way to the train station to say goodbye one last time before Christmas

Kori, Victor and Richard tug suitcases behind them, while Garfield and I are empty-handed, staying home from the holidays. 

I'm still not sure why Garfield isn't going home for Christmas since I have seen photographs of his parents and his brothers. The framed picture sits on the window ledge in his room, and I remember noticing it one time, a while ago. It's clear in my mind: a snapshot of a summer day, two parents, the mother having long brown locks and the father with a crop of blond hair. They both had green eyes, a Logan family trait all three brothers have inherited. 

''Are you alright?'' The voice belongs to Garfield walking alongside Kori and I. Kori's in a conversation with Richard as we continue, getting closer to the station where we will have to split ways.  

''Yes, I'm fine. Just thinking,'' I respond, weaving in and out of the huddle as more and more people crowd the paths of the city, bundled in warm winter coats and hats.

''What'cha thinking about?'' I look up at him, his freckled cheeks flushed with warmth from the cold air. 

''Don't worry,'' I say, pushing my hands deep into my pockets, losing the feeling in them due to the weather. 

Garfield doesn't probe further, which I'm grateful for. Soon, the station comes into view, crowded with tourists, hauling baggage with them. We go to the bench area, ready to say our goodbyes before the three of them (Kori, Victor and Richard) go on separate trains back to where their homes are, to spend Christmas with their families.

Whilst I'm sitting there, watching them walk away to get tickets, Garfield going along with them, I think about what their families must be like. 

Richard has a younger sister who is six years old called Annabelle, who I remember him telling Kori about one night on the roof. He showed us a picture of her, and she looks so similar to him. Curly jet black pigtails, blue eyes, her lips curled up in a smile. 

Victor doesn't have any siblings, like me. He's an only child. He did mention that he does have many cousins, so they are like his brothers and sisters to him. 

It's always been my mother and me. 

No siblings, cousins, no father, grandparents. 

But now, it's just me. 

Only me. 

Alone.

The noises of the bustling train station seem to cease for a few seconds as I tense up, tears on the brim of my eyelids. I wipe my eyes with the back of my hand just as the group returns holding tickets.

''Well, enjoy your Christmases guys. Wherever you are,'' Richard says, hugging and high-fiving us. 

''You too, man,'' Victor says his goodbyes. 

Kori turns to me first. ''Have a great Christmas, Rachel. Remember to call me!'' Her smile wavers as she envelops me in a firm hug. 

''Have a safe journey. Enjoy Christmas, Kori,'' I smile, our hands falling apart as she turns away to say goodbye to everyone else. 

I say my farewells to the others, following them up to the platform with Garfield, ready to wave them goodbye as one by one their trains arrive. 

Victor leaves first, embracing Garfield and Richard into a brotherly hug, giving a high-five to Kori and me. He goes into the train, taking his black suitcase with the bright image of a basketball with him. 

Richard is next, giving Kori a kiss on the cheek, and hugging Garfield and I. 

''Bye, guys. I'll see you at new years.'' He waves one final time, before stepping onto the train, leaving back home. 

Kori is the last to leave. 

''I'll miss you, Rach. I hope you enjoy your Christmas even if we are not together.'' Her eyes are glassy, but she still smiles. ''Bye, Garfield. Look after, Rachel.'' She hugs me one last time, before stepping onto the train, never breaking eye contact with me.

 Deep in her glassy eyes remains some worry. 

She waves at me as the doors slide shut, cutting off the sides of her face from my view, but her eyes are still visible. She mouths something at me but I can't make out what she is saying. 

''Should we go back?'' 

I completely forget that I am not alone. 

The train speeds off, and I nod at Garfield, pulling my winter hat further over my hair, trying to dispel the image of worry in her eyes. 

Hello everyone! I'm really sorry that I haven't been on Wattpad for a while, I've just had a lot of going on right now, and I haven't been feeling the best

Hello everyone! I'm really sorry that I haven't been on Wattpad for a while, I've just had a lot of going on right now, and I haven't been feeling the best. I'm much better now, and I hope I'll be able to update regularly again. Thank you so much for all the comments and votes. Your support is so treasured by me. If you spot any typos or errors, please let me know. Thanks again. Comment down your thoughts. Love you all. Bye for now.

 Bye for now