Chapter 8

My day in school went blurred. My head is spinning as to why this things happening to me. All my life I wanted a simple life but it was so hard to achieve.

"Hey, Athea! Do you want to have extra income?"

I look at Mia. "Sure. Tell me about it."

"Well my Uncle is looking for additional service crew since I cannot do the job because my mom got an accident and I'm going to replace her in cooking."

"Oh, Is this the one you're telling me about this big company that having an event in the late evening?"

"Yes! The elite in this state are going to be there! Money. Money. Money are everywhere!"

"Oh."

"Why, aren't you excited? Who knows you can catch one business tycoon!"

"Not interested Mia."

"What! Are you kidding me? Women are so desperate to take a glimpse of them. They are the epitome of money and power. So, are you in or not?"

"Okay, I'll accept the job for the money ONLY." I emphaze at her.

Mia roll her eyes. "Whatever Athea. You already know this night, right?"

"What!? I thought tomorrow evening?"

"No! It's tonight. After our shift here we will proceed to the hotel where the party will be held."

"But-"

"No buts! I already have your uniform, so you don't need to back down." then she smile like an evil woman.

"How do you know my size? Anyway, Can I see it?" I feel like something is off.

"Nope. Now, let's focus on our job here. Shall we?"

Mia is really weird. Anyway, we start accepting  the customer orders.

"We're lucky we don't have that much customer tonight or else I don't have energy later."

"Right, let's start packing and we will go to the hotel."

Mia and I quickly clean the La Cafe.

"Bye, Simmon and Lily!"

"Bye Athea and Mia! Take care of you both!"

"We will!"

We went outside and walk to the parking lot where Mia's car is located. I didn't know I fall asleep in Mia's car.

"Wake up..wake up, Athea."

"Shit. I'm sorry. I fall asleep."

"It's okay. Let's go."

When I was outside the car. I am damn speechless. We're in the most luxury hotel in this state. The lights the style. Just Wow. So Mia is not joking, isn't she?

I looked at Mia and I found her staring at the hotel. Like me she was mesmerize.

"Wow! I can't believe we're going inside! This is a dream!"

"Yeah. I think we should head inside. You told me your uncle don't tolerate late employee."

"Your right ! I almost forgot. The view is so majestic. Let's go."

There are lots of body guards roaming around the hotel. The security is that tight. It only means this hotel is exclusive for elite.

When we were nearly in the entrance of the hotel a woman that has neatly bun on her hair approached us.

"Yes, Ma'am? What can I do for you?"

"We were hired as a service crew for tonight event." Mia replied.