Chapter 9

I don't think I can do this job. I can't even understand what I'm feeling right now. I didn't hear what the emcee saying because I was very occupied about the unexpected events. The party is starting and they start piling on their respective table. While me, I'm still rooted at my spot.

"Hey, Athea. Are you okay?"

"A-ahm yes." I stuttered and look at Abby.

"You look off...Looks like you've seen a ghost. Anyway, remember this whatever they say or do just don't mind them. You need a very long patience here. These man see us like we are a toy. So be careful and stay away from trouble. Okay? C'mmon let's go."

I did't really hear what she's talking about. I just felt  a little relieve that Abby is my assigned partner and I felt more ease when I'm not assign at the presidential table.

Moreover, I should be extra careful because I was just two table away from their table. I'm trying my best to act normal and start entertaining the guest.

"Your beautiful and fresh. What's your name darling?"

My attention went to the middle age man in my side. He looks like a maniac that ready to eat you right there and then. He has a long beard that look gross. Base on his posture he is one of those powerful in this state.

"I don't think my name matter, sir."

Abby look at me like I committed a suicide.

"Hmm, feisty I like it. Are you like that in bed also." He stared at me up and down. I felt disgusted. Then the guest in the table laugh.

All my blood in my body went to my head. I'm ready for a sharp comeback but Abby but in.

"Why not ask my name sir? Am I not look beautiful and fresh? I'm hurt." Abby smile at the middle age man.

"Well, your okay but I like this one." And he pointed at me. "She's trying to be tough but I know she's easy to get." And he is ready to touch my butt but I abruptly hold his arm and twisted it slightly. Everyone in the table stop eating and looks at me like I'm an alien. Two bodyguards immediately went to us.

"I don't think so Mr. Old man. Keep your hand to yourself because I'm hundred percent sure I'm not and will never be interested with an dirty maniac like you!"

His bodyguards is ready to attack me but the old man stop them. Then, he look at me. His eyes is glint with adoration. "If this is the way you do to catch my attention...well, you are succeeding. I like you."  he smile like he can have me anytime soon.

I give him my sweetest smile. "Well, I.don't.like. you! Sir. The feeling is not mutual...and oh, that is not a tactic, I just don't like you." I hissed at him.

Suddenly it turns quite. I didn't know that I already catch the attention in our near table. They keep on watching us. The looks at their faces shows that they like what they're seeing. It looks like they're watching a movie.

"Well, iha. I don't care if you don't like me. Your opinion doesn't matter. I can get what I want by hook or by crook."

"Don't flatter yourself, sir. It looks like your brain went to your beard. I think you should resume eating and let's not embarrass ourself. Not a good reputation, yeah?" I give him my sarcastic smile.

Then his face turns into serious one. His face looks like he wanted to kill me. But I didn't back down.

"You'll regret this." He warned.

"Oh, I am afraid." I retorted.

He stand up and ready to slap me but I hold his hand. "I don't think it's a gentleman way to slap a lady, sir especially when your circle of friends is watching you."

"Throw this little slut out! And show her  what happened to those who don't know how to respect me!" His two bodyguards immediately went to me and hold me firmly.

"I don't think it's necessary, Sir. She just new to this...can you please let it go, sir, Please..I will do what you want, please sir..."

My attention went to Abby.

"Hmm, Okay."

Abby's face lift up. " Thank you sir."

"But- she will kneel infront of me first and kiss my shoes."

The rage in myself is too much that any moment I'm going to explode. "Your too delusional for your old, sir. I'd rather eat a garbage than to do what you say. Don't think so highly of yourself! You can kiss your own ass!"

I heard "ohh" in the crowd.

"You bitch! You will not disrespect me! I.will.make.your.life.suffer!" The veins on this man is very evident. Well, he is mad also.

"What is happening here."

I'm stunned. I know that voice. Oh my God. I almost forgot about  them. What have I've done. Shit. Double shit!

"Oh nothing Vance. Just teaching this little bitch the basic respect."

Sir Vance didn't know for sure that it was me. Because he is at my back and I'm wearing something that he will not recognize me. Well, duh, I'm wearing make up and slutty uniform.

"Is that so. Thus, she hit a nerve that you are so mad?"

I never expected that sir Vance well say that.

"No, no, no..It's just that I don't tolerate this kind of people. Acting strong and she think she can over power me when she is just nothing."

"You're right sir, I am nothing so why bother giving me your precious time? Do I look like a gold to you?"

The look on the man face is priceless. His eyes is full of hatred and vicious. But I heard a laugh on my back.

"Oh God! I thought I was just hallucinating when I saw you, so it's really you. Your really a magnet trouble."

I froze. Is he saying he recognize me. Gosh. I shouldn't have talk. I should have keep quite. My heart is beating so loudly.

"What? Do you know her Vance?"

"Yes, Greg. So, I think I'll take her and I will send someone on behalf of her."

"But she need to be punish! What she have done is not excusable!"

"Just forget it Greg. Shall we?"

So the name is Greg. His look sending me a message that this is not the end.

"Come, you will be assigned in our table."

"But, sir.."

He didn't let me finish. He walk away and I have no choice but to follow him.

My heels is so damn hurt and I tried my best to walk properly. I was trembling a little and I swear to God that this time I am afraid.