Prologue

January 15th, 1913.

It's a cold winter night as a young fourteen year old boy, named John Parker, plays with his seven year old little brother, named Tom.

"And that's when the prince defeats the dragon!" Tom yelled, messing with the figures the two had spread out on the floor. He throws the dragon down on the ground, and holds the prince up proudly in his hands.

John grabbed the princess figure and brought it over, "And then he and the beautiful princess fall in love." He took the prince and pretended he was kissing the princess.

"Ewww, John! That's disgusting!" Tom exclaimed.

He laughed, "Why?"

"The prince doesn't need no silly princess! Besides, girls are gross." He crossed his arms.

John looked at him warmly, "Now Tom, you know that one day when you're older, you'll find a nice girl to spend the rest of your life with."

Tom went over and sat in his brother's lap, "No way! I'll have you, my big brother!"

"But I won't always be around, you know that, right?"

Tom frowned, "Why?"

"Because, I'll settle down with a family eventually. You will too." John said.

"But, you'll still be with me, right?"

"Of course I will."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Suddenly, the boys' mother came to the door, "Alright, you two, time for bed."

Tom turned to his mother, "Aww, but I'm not tired!"

John picked him up, "Ok mom. Come on, Tommy."

"Oh ok." He sighed. "Oh! Can we watch the snow fall a little bit first?"

"I don't see why not."

Soon, the two brothers sat at the window, watching the snow fall gracefully to the ground, until they both drifted off to sleep.