Dangerously Alluring~ Mini stories by Lia writes #1

The scariest feelings in life are being held against your will. In your finances, your relationships, and your dreams. Yet, there is an even worse way to be held captive. Physically and emotionally held against your will. This was Ms.Clarke's favorite topic in school. She was in advanced poetry and drama classes as she loved to be theatrical. In her high school yearbook, she was named "Most likely to become the next Shakespeare." She found death and captivity fascinating. That life without death is merely just breathing and working without anything to excite society to try harder. Nowadays Kennedy Clarke lives with her boyfriend Markus in a small studio apartment, still at the age of 23, trying to get someone to read her macabre scriptures. One morning she went to a coffee shop "Bentlyvilles brews" to try to immerse herself in a new type of coffee that can heighten her taste buds to a food critique level. She waited in line, texting Markus to stop by the grocery store to get her some eggs to make her famous egg and waffle soup. When a man came behind her. Tall, muscular, clean-shaven, and messy hair. Almost 6'3 and a true "Ladies man" you could say.

"I'm Matchitehew Martin. My friends call me Matthew though." He said as "Charmingly" as possible

"Oh hello, I'm Kennedy." She seemed floored by his beauty even though she knew full well that her boyfriend was now at home, devoting his day to preparing the food for her cooking adventures tonight.

Kennedy could be like that a lot. Loyal yet mischievous, Pure but dirty, Sweet but salty. Every personality she has one minute will be put on hold after she gets what she wants out of that mood swing.

"Would you like me to buy you a coffee? You seem like a nice lady" He smiled. Acting as if he wasn't trying to get an excuse to slide his number to her, expecting a call by the time night falls.

"I do suppose if you insist." She batted her eyelashes. She seemed to be playing the sweet role until she gets her coffee. Then she will "transform".

Matthew bought Kennedy a white chocolate double espresso coffee. Asking for there to be a heart made out of the creme.

The poor barista. Living out his life. Trying to pay the bills and get a degree so he can buy his poor family a house someday and get them out of poverty. Stuck rooting for an affair between two manipulative individuals. The children in the cafe drinking their hot chocolate on this rainy November morning having to see the strange interactions of this alluring but dangerous set of acquaintances. The small chat they are having in this cafe affects everyone around them from a small memory for a child to a funny story the barista will tell his roommates later on while eating his knockoff ramen for dinner.

Kennedy and Matthew continued their endless and boring conversation about the wet liquid that comes from the sky. Then, to the shock of all the people in the cafe and everyone reading this, Matthew gave Kennedy his number. Written on a small torn off piece of a receipt. Kennedy wouldn't tell Markus about her dreams to dump him and live with a more cultured man. One of more fine detail. If she did then who would run he errands and wash her clothes. Pay for her many "Inspiration trips" to the Maldives and the Bahamas to gain more inspiration for her new play that this time would sell out and this investment would be worth it.

She walked back home to see Markus stirring a pot of broth, scoffing at his technique. That his wrist wasn't made for cooking as she loves to remind him. Instead of going to thank him, she goes to text Matthew. Her mystery lover, her twin flame, her man of culture.

They texted for a few days, talking about how they are stuck in their lives and how they were meant for each other. All while Kennedy kisses Markus to sleep. Matthew made her feel something she had never felt before. Power. She felt she had power over everyone in the world. A powerful, handsome man was waiting for her to confess her infatuation with him.

She went out for coffee with him again, and the fair, and the park. It went on and on. He grew more and more jealous as Kennedy refused to break it off with Markus. Soon Kennedy felt threatened by Matthews's jealous behavior, but who would just LEAVE a catch like Matthew Martin. Matthew was all Kennedy could think about. His voice, His smile, his hair. Even his cologne enticed her to fall deeper into his trap of seduction.

He fell deeply in love with Kennedy as well. Only wanting her for himself. What sane man would want to share such the perfect picture such as Kennedy Clarke? It turns out, nobody. One night Matthew told Kennedy to meet him in the local McDonalds downtown because he had something important to tell her. She pulled out of her driveway speeding for the McDonalds. Telling Markus she was going to get food and come back as a gift. Out from the shadows, whispered the leaves that rustled when Matthew stepped from them. Climbing up the steps to her apartment, running his coarse fingers over the key she gave him "Just in case", unlocking the door ever so slightly and dropping the light match on her wooden hammock chair. Setting the entire apartment ablaze. With Markus inside.

After that was done he broke the cameras, making his way to McDonald's. Telling Kennedy to meet him in his car. With what would be the worst night of her miserable life. He grabbed her arm pulling her into the car hastily. Enacting the child lock on the doors making sure she would never have to be shared with him again. He kept driving as she screamed and cried from the backseat, with him speeding down the highway on his way to a home in the country. Where no one else will ever find them. She banged on the windows, her fancy mascara running down her face causing her expensive dress to be ruined. She didn't know that the name she was screaming for help had been burned to ashes the moment she left the house. Matthew led her down the stairs, fighting against her struggle, tying her in the cold and dark room the was almost to small for her. He shoved her in there waiting as the air got thinner, and the screaming quieted. When he knew that the cries were gone and no pulse was to be found. He took her upstairs, set her in a chair, and made her dinner. Her lifeless body, never to leave him again.