II

Eris didn't like waiting. She was impatient, paticularly when it came to business.
Sebastian came through the door, carrying a heap of documents.

"You got what I asked?" Eris asked. Sebastian placed the papers down on the desk in front of her.

"Every known assassin between 21 and 35 years old." He sat down across the desk from her leaning back. She took a quick glance through the profiles.

"Thank you. You look tired Sebastian." Eris noted, noticing how dark under his eyes looked. Sebastian laughed, running a hand through his hair.

"Being your oldest friend has aged me by at least twenty years."

"Only twenty?" She laughed. "In all seriousness, I've no idea why you stuck around."

"You know I could never betray you. You saved me." Sebastian leaned forward, his eyes serious and unwavering.
He'd protect her with his life if he had to. She understood him. Eris smiled, his loyalty had been with her since they were just children.

She was a loner and a freak to the other children, outcasted by her superior intellect and keen observational skills. She wasn't saddened by her parents' death, only irritated by others trying to comfort her. People avoided her calling her emotionless and cold so she spent the majority of time alone until Sebastian tranferred to her class.
He was unperturbed by her quiet nature and found her observations interesting, listening to her explain how she knew their teacher was having an affair with the headmaster and how she knew everything about everyone even what they tried to hide.
As they grew up, he became her first mate, her second in command, her protector- not that she needed any help defending herself.

"In your professional opinion, who is the best choice?" Eris asked him.

"It's between Ivan Vidic and the newer on the scene assassin, she goes by Villanelle.

Paris

Villanelle entered her apartment, went into the kitchen and came to a stop when she saw Konstantin. 

"Oh, hi." She said nonchalantly.
He winked and continued to stare at her, drinking from his glass. She opened the fridge, taking out some milk. 

"Letting yourself into my apartment and drinking from a tiny cup doesn't make you intimidating, by the way." 

"What happened to your eye?" He questioned. 

"I wanted it to match my jacket." she made a face. "You want a smoothie?" 

"No." he replied shortly. "I want you to get assessed again."
Villanelle looked at him surprised before looking back down at the blender. 

"London was…"

The blender whirred loudly as Villanelle smiled sarcastically at him. A couple of moments passed before the sound stopped and she took off the lid, looking inside.

"... Meant to look like suicide." 

She briefly looked at him as she poured the smoothie into a glass. 

"It didn't?" 

"So she'd slit her own throat?" 

"It happens." 

"And kill four other people?" 

"Slip of the hand?" she joked. 

"Why are you being naughty?" he asked, leaning forward. 

"I'm excited about my next one." Konstantin noticed a Paris postcard behind a bottle of Piper-Heidieck.

Villanelle followed his eyes and they both made to grab it but he was faster. 

"No!" he said "No more target until you're assessed."

"But this one has asthma. You know I like the breathy ones. Hmm?" 

"No."

"Will it be Jerome?" she asked as she drank her smoothie. 

"Yes."

"I'll wear my chicken fillets then."

Konstantin tilted his head looking confused. 

"They're things you put in your bra." Villanelle explained. 

"I know what they are."

Villanelle turned and walked away to her room to change. Konstantin sighed. His phone started ringing, he grabbed it out his pocket his eyes looking at who it was before he answered. 

"Yes?" 

"Konstantin, there has been a request for Villanelle. She must compete it to their satisfaction. Details will come soon. And Konstantin... The one requesting her is Moriarty."

The call ended. Konstantin stared at his phone terrified then looked towards where Villanelle had gone. There was only trouble ahead.