𝟛 ➸ 𝕨𝕖𝕚𝕣𝕕

honey's pov

"Well, Daryn, for starters: never trust a stranger to count 'till three, no matter what he says.
Oh and please - never come near any of us again." I say trying to sound intriguing and badass but probably failing miserably.
Once I finish the sentence I don't even wait for an answer but instead turn on my heel and quietly walk away from the stranger with the angel winged vest, ready to never see him again.

Taking a glance at an uninjured Vuela flying next to me I let myself review the last few minutes inside my head.
I hope this guy never comes near my family again, otherwise I'd have to chop off his sexy biceps and that would be tragic I think to myself as I try to remember anything else about that guy.

Cold but clear blue eyes, partly covered by his long dark hair hanging flat to his face.
A crossbow hanging over his muscled and tanned shoulder.
That guy's probably the hunter of his group. Southern accent and a foul mouth and everything.
Does he even have a group?
He looked like he hasn't even taken a fucking look at a shower in weeks.
But if he was alone I probably would've met him in the woods already... maybe he's from this safe zone Diego and I heard about?

I shake my head to get that weird redneck out of my thoughts and quickly make my way back to our tree house, already preparing myself for meeting a mad Diego

Just as I said I think as I finally stand in front of him.
He looks at me the way every overprotective brother would look at their little sister in this moment, crossing his arms because I know he doesn't know what to do with his hands when he's angry or worried
"Where have you been? Why didn't you tell me?" Diego asks me with a calm but steady voice, looking deep into my eyes with his brown ones.
I sigh. "I'm sorry Diego, I just wanted to go pee but then I got into a fight with some guy who wanted to eat Vuela."
He's scans my body to make sure my body is still complete.
"I'm fine." I chuckle "Some weird redneck won't do me no harm." I say as I playfully kiss my right hand, "Didn't even use my brass knuckles." I tell him, making him laugh now too.
"Ugh, don't do that again okay?
Sure he's not a threat? I can't lose you, cari." he says more seriously now, adding a spanish nickname making me go forward and hug him.
"I know, I know. I'm sorry, won't happen again, we won't even see him again. You're not gonna lose me." I assure him with a half smile, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek and stepping forward to pet Luna who's been patiently sitting next to Diego the whole time, waiting for me to finally notice her.

As soon as I touch her white fluffy fur she falls on her back and lifts her legs up in the air showing me all of her four paws.
I chuckle at her behaviour while I start to give her a belly massage.

I look at the only three things I need in my life.
I love my little family.

daryl's pov

I think I've never been this happy to see these familiar walls of Alexandria in front of me again.
I'm so ready to end this day and lay in bed, not being spoken to the rest of the evening and just being left alone I think to myself as I enter our safe zone, or what used to be a safe zone before these weirdos with the W's came and destroyed and killed half Alexandria.

But of course Glenn would be the first one to ask what happened, him not even trying to hide his questioning stare at my bruised face that's probably already shimmering in a lilac or even green tone.

''What happened? Should I be worried?'' he asks.
''Don't wanna talk about it.'' I grumble, walking past a now silent Glenn and earning glances by the few people around us, luckily not being many because of the advanced time.

I let out a loud sigh as I practically jump into my bed, finally catching a breath after this eventful day.
Laying on my back and staring at the ceiling, I can't help but think about the girl with those weird eyes and good punches.
But I'm quickly torn from my thoughts when I spot Glenn standing by my half opened door, his arms crossed in front of his body and his eyes staring directly into mine.
Fucking stalker.

''Why are ya awake?'' I ask the Asian, definitely not hiding my annoyance.
''Why are you bruised up?'' he fires back, releasing a small chuckle.
''Nah, not tellin' ya. Yar already laughin'.''
''Oh come on, dude. I think I know it already. I just want to hear it coming out of your mouth so I won't spread fake news at the breakfast table tomorrow morning.'' Glenn says still with a smile on his face.

''Shut up kid, this is nothin' interesting.
I jus' wanted to go huntin like usual and saw a pink parrot flyin through the woods. Food is food so I tried to catch it but turned out that parrot belongs to some crazy chick.'' I say as I think about the girl and her wild chocolate brown curls.

''I didn't want to give her the bird back at first so she caught me off guard and tackled me, then threw a few punches 'till I said I won't hurt 'er and gave her the bird back.''
The girl was so happy when I handed her the bird back, I wonder what the hell the story of getting such a pet was.
I shake my head and quickly force myself out of my thoughts.
''Then she got kinda friendly and asked 'bout my name but when I was 'bout to ask her if she got a camp or anythin' she was gone.'' I end my story of the day, it being the longest I've talked to anyone in a long time.

Laughter

Laughter.
''Not interesting? So that girl is the reason why your face looks like shit? Dude, that must've been such a-''
''Shut up kid'' I say angrier now.
''Okay okay I'm sorry.'' he says while holding his hands up and straightening his face.
''Anything else we should know about? Where was that? You think she's a threat?''
I stare at him.
''Last questions I swear'' he adds.
''No. Few miles west. Nah, just a lil' crazy I hope.'' I pause. ''Let me sleep now Rhee.''
He clears his throat ''Yeah. Right. Good night Daryl.'' The Asian awkwardly sprints out of the room and shuts the door loudly, probably waking up whole Alexandria.

What a weird day.
I close my eyes and try not to dream about weird eyes and wild  curls.

____________________________

that was the third chapter, i hope you like it ♥️ if so, i'd love you to comment and vote 😘
where are you guys from?

love, tones xx