21. Let's Begin

Dear Journal,
                  There was a time in my life where all I knew was what I saw. As the days pass, my eyes became open to a different truth. A truth only new to me because I was never worthy enough to see it before.

                                                    - 𝓔𝓵𝓲𝓪𝓼 𝓢𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓮
(1605)

The streets of Murrfell were empty except for the four magical creatures currently engaging in discussion.

Damien's gaze was sad but determined.

The last time Elias had seen him, he had been chained in Baltazaar's secret shack that was located in the woods behind the castle. Now, he was in Murrfell standing infront of a witch's shop, said witch that he and Syrus had previously became acquainted with. Elias did not believe this to be a coincidence.

Damien was taller than Elias had initially assessed, his height almost on par with his. He wore fresh clothing and his face, which was previously an overgrown meadow of hair was freshly shaven, granting Elias the access of seeing his well proportioned countenance in entirety.

His dark green linen shirt did well to match his eyes but the brown leather tunic he wore over it gave off a rugged and dangerous appearance. His blonde hair was slicked back in a ponytail and he had scars all over his neck.

It was his pungent odor that had confirmed his identity as the man standing before Elias now was a cut above the one he had discovered kneeling.

"You know this man?" Annora frowned, glancing at Elias before returning her gaze to Damien.

"Yes. He is your sister's pet." Elias said.

"Well that's not very nice." Damien responded. "I'll have you know that she released me."

"Really now?" Annora asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Indeed. She came by the cabin earlier, threw me some garments and said that I am no longer of need." Damien mocked, giving an insulting impression of Zelda. 

"Why?" Syrus questioned.

"No clue. After I was let out of castle grounds, I caught a wiff of your scent, Elias Steele." Damien told them. "I followed it to Murrfell, got myself a clean shave and then followed my nose to this shop. Though, the trail ended here." he finished, his eyes twinkling as his gaze fell on Annora.

"You're doing I assume. Also, you smell lovely." he said with much emphasis on lovely, his tone exhibiting a surprising display of flamboyance.

"Be careful, dog." Syrus warned.

Laughing at the name, Damien turned his attention to Elias, approaching them and eventually standing in closer proximity of the trio.

"Is this your little brother?" He said smiling. "He's adorable. Reminds me of you."

"What do you want, Damien?" Elias asked him.

"Well," he started to say, glancing at the quarter moon. "I have no where to go, nothing to do and no one to see. I was homeless before Zelda and that is my current state after her. I could really use a friend." Damien admitted, turning his gaze on Elias once more.

"We are not friends and we never were." Elias said firmly.

"Yes, yes. That is true. But you are the only person I know that is...different, like I am. The only person I trust, somewhat." Damien shrugged.

"How can you trust me? You do not know me." Elias frowned.

"That is also true but I know your conviction. I know that seeing me chained up like a bloody animal was not something you appreciated. You seem like a man with a good heart and it has been a while since I've seen such a thing. I do not want revenge but I do want things to be right. God knows this world isn't." Damien said, his tone melodramatic.