It came from the mirror

I had heard this legend of some sort. I remember it as clear as day since it terrified me as a little kid. People would say that if you go to any mirror in your house at exactly 3 am with all lights out except for some candles if you have any. I hated it back then but I'm almost 30 now and I'm sure nothing bad would happen. Besides what else do I have to look forward to now? I waited for a long time, or at least it seemed really long, for 3 am to come. When it finally did I went up to my bathroom mirror. I turned out all the lights and I didn't expect anything to happen. Which is what happened. Nothing. I waited for at least 5 minutes and there was nothing. I walked out the bathroom and suddenly I thought of it. What if I turn out all the lights in the whole house? So that's what I did but suddenly I heard glass shatter. I look around everywhere but that's when I realized I hadn't checked the mirror. So of course I did that. I went to the bathroom and of course the mirror was absolutely shattered. The pieces of the mirror were all over the counter and the ground. I looked down at all the little pieces and it wasn't till I looked at the biggest piece that I saw a monster-ish creature staring at me. It's blood red eyes  stared straight at me. It's skin looked almost translucent. I had no clue what to do. I wasn't expecting this to happen. I thought that I was just imagining but then it blinked. I jumped back and went out of the bathroom. I stood outside the bathroom for what felt like hours trying to gain my thoughts. Trying to make sense of everything. I went back in the bathroom which I knew was a bad idea. I slowly creeped over to the shattered glass and there it was. The monster was now in every little shattered piece. It's pale hand reaching up to me. I stared in disbelief as it's hand reached out of the biggest piece of glass.