ψ 16 ψ

renjun was swimming around the house, exciting by the thought of seeing donghyuck again.

his best friend had sent him a flying fish not long ago to tell him he was leaving the surface world. so, donghyuck would be here in a nick of time.

except that he wasn't.

renjun waited.

one hour.

two hours.

three hours.

and donghyuck never came.

this meant nothing. the boy could have seen someone he knew on the way and stopped to talk to them. he will get there anyway.

renjun waited more.

donghyuck was really late.

worriedly, renjun swam the quickest possible to riley's house, where the link between the two worlds was. he knocked on the door rather harshly, waiting for riley to open.

she did not long after, inviting renjun in. as soon as he swam inside the house, riley's baby seahorse jumped on renjun in a friendly manner.

"bandit, it's just renjun. don't jump on him like that." she said, making the animal stop.

"riley, has donghyuck come back?" renjun asked.

"no. the portal is opened, but he didn't."

"what if something happened to him?" renjun widened his eyes.

"don't worry, he'll be back."

"he sent me a flying fish this morning telling me that he was leaving. i received it almost 10 hours ago and he's still not here!"

riley shrugged. "i don't know..."

"send me up there." renjun told.

"what? no. it's against the rules."

renjun furrowed his brows. "what really is against the rules is sending donghyuck to the house you want."

it was riely's turn to widen her eyes. "we agreed to never talk about that again."

"riley." renjun said sternly. "i agreed when you told me you would send him there. i kept the secret. but you are crazy! sending him into the repair of the biggest mermaids' chasers! why did i even agree?" he pulled on his own hair.

"if the trident could be somewhere above the surface, it's there, inside the repair." riley explained. "donghyuck is a good guy. i'm sure that he'll be a good king."

"he hasn't found it, riley." renjun pointed out. "and he's still not here!"

"we can't do anything about it!" riley yelled, startling her seahorse.

"yes, we can. send me where you sent him." renjun asked.

riley shook her head. "it's against the rules. i can't do that."

"riely. i kept your secret when i knew my best friend could be in danger. now, he probably is, so i have to help him." renjun told.

riley sighed. "keep this a secret as well. i'm not supposed to let you." she said doing a hand motion that opened a bubble vortex.