Chaper 7- Puppy Day

Chapter 7
I call up a woman who has a purebred border collie and she told me that her border collie had 8 puppies. She said she couldn't keep them and asked if I could take them. I said ok.
"Guys we have 8 border collie puppies coming soon and we need to get ready. They are only 1 month old. Ok?" I say.
"Ok." They all answer back.
2 HOURS LATER
We got 5 more kennels built into Paws Dog Rescue. Also, the other 2 puppies that we had got adopted. Well, one did the other is in foster for 2 days then that woman will adopted him. Suddenly the phone ringed. I answered it.
"Hello?" I ask.
"Hi. This is Maggie. I'm a breeder and I have a female Chocolate Lab and a male Black Lab and they had puppies that are 1 month old. There are 7 of them. Could you take them please?" The woman asks.
"Sure." I say.
"Thank you so much. I'll send them over now. I'll be there in 30 minutes." The woman says.
"Ok." I say.
"Bye." I say.
"Bye." The woman says.
I hang up the phone.
"Guys!" I yell.
They all come running up.
"Yes?" Lauren says.
"We have 7 more puppies coming that are Labrador Retrievers. We need to get everything ready. They are coming in 30 minutes." I say.
"Ok." They all say.

30 MINUTES LATER
The lady walks through the front door with 2 cages of puppies with their mom and dad. She hands the cages to me.
"Here you go." She says.
"Thank you." I say.
"There are 4 girls and 3 boys. The girls names are Jenny, Molly, Poppy, and Holly. The boys names are Jolly, Razor, and Joey." The lady says.
"Ok." I say.
She walks out the door with their mom and dad.
We get all of the puppies settled in the kennels. We decide to put all the 2 of the girls in one kennel and the other 2 in another. We put 2 of the boys in one kennel and the other in another.
1 HOUR LATER
We open Paws Dog Rescue.
Suddenly 2 families walk through the door and say they wanted to look at the puppies. Me, Haley, and Sarah walk with them to the kennels. One family of 3 is looking at 2 boy labs and the other family of 4 is looking at one of the girl border collies.
"Can we come in to say hi with this one?" The man with the family of 4 asks pointing to the girl border collie.
"Sure." I say.
They go in to say hi and play with her.
Haley & Sarah help with the other family.
"I think we should get her!" The woman says.
"Can we?" The 2 little girls ask.
"Ok." The man says.
They come out of the kennel.
"We'd like to adopt this one." The man says.
"Ok. Well, the one you want she has a sister that she can't depart from her. Could you possibly take her too?" I ask.
"Please!" The 2 little girls say as they beg their parents.
"Ok." The man and woman say.
"Ok. I'll help you out with adopting them." I say.
30 MINUTES LATER
The family of 4 walk out with the 2 girl border collie puppies in the 2 little girls' arms.
Also, the family of 3 walk out with one of the boy labs.
"Good job team! We got 3 puppies adopted. Only 12 puppies left!" I say.
"Yay!" They all cheer.
3 HOURS LATER
We get that one adult dog adopted, 1 boy border collie adopted, and 2 girl labs adopted.
We lock up for the day and we realize that we only have 9 puppies left and we started with 15.
Me and Arianna head home for the day.

Author's Note:
Hope you guys like it. Made this chapter because this is what is happening at a shelter that I volunteer at. Please like and comment. Share with friends and family. Merry Christmas to everybody reading.