𝐑𝐓 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 - 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧.

PURE ANGST - I almost cried writing this.

prompt:

A: I had no choice
B: Oh, you did had a choice. You just don't wanna admit that you made the wrong one.

❀ֻ֗͜҉⃪ܰ♔⃪ܻ۪۫۫✿୭ֻ֗͜꩝

It had been a few weeks since Queen was in the US. They were a hit, everyone loved them and you definitely could see why. Queen was something nobody had seen before and you were just lucky enough to be there since it was "just" Smile. Actually, you helped them coming up with the name.

You and Roger studied together at Imperial College, but as the years passed it became more than just classmates. Friends, inseparable friends, friends with benefits and in 1975 you were officially a couple.

Everyone warned you: Roger wasn't someone you would like to date and most likely would end up hurting you. He's becoming famous, of course he'll want to enjoy the "rock 'n roll star" life style; even if he was just a regular person, he'd still be able to get anyone. That's just a worldwide known fact now. Some people considered you lucky, after all you were dating the Roger Taylor; however you never felt more unlucky.

In your hands there was a gossip magazine that your roommate gave to you this morning. You still couldn't believe in it, there was a whole article about a Queen party in the previous night.

You had been in enough social events with the band to how wild any party that had anything to do with your boyfriend and Freddie would be something wild and mostly likely end up with a majority part of the guests extremely shit-faced.

However, you trusted the drummer with all your heart. You felt like every time you read the article again, trying to absorb the words, a piece of you heart was taken away and it just couldn't be real. Maybe it wasn't, the tabloids were always making things up about the band. Perhaps that was it. And Roger would be able to explain once he got home, you just would have to wait a few hours.

"I'm going out with a few friends for drinks, wanna come?" your roommate, Georgia, asked you while applying some lipstick.

"I can't." you said simply and forced yourself to make at least a small smile appear on your lips.

"Oh, yeah, the Rog welcome back thing." she put her lipstick down and apologetically looked at you. "I'm really sorry about what happened, dear. Maybe you should actually come, you know, he won't die if he wait a couple of hours here. You know he deserves it."

"I don't even drink."

"Maybe you should start." she beamed and let out a breathe laugh. You probably would depend on how things went that night. Before leaving the house, Georgia kissed your forehead and said that would only be in the apartment by tomorrow morning.

[...]

He was supposed to be there at eight, but then the clock hit nine, ten and before you could realize it, midnight came. You had absolutely no sign of Roger. Not even a phone call from him or one of the boys.

It was around two in the morning and you were reading to try keeping yourself up. The truth is you weren't even paying attention to the story anymore and constantly missed a few words. You were worried sick that something might had happened. He wouldn't just disappear like that, would he?

You were almost giving up but the sound of the keys made your ears perk up and then, finally, your eyes laid on your boyfriend. The golden locks were messier than ever and for some reason he was sweaty.