Chapter 13

Clarke,

Waking up wasn't the pleasantest feeling in the world. She longed to be back asleep. Or to be without the horrible pain in her stomach.

Unfortunately, she had to deal with both of those morning nightmares. She struggled to pull herself up into a sitting position big eventually, she managed.

It was dark. That was one of the only things she could tell. The black air around her was taunting. It swam around her and made her head spin.

"Clarke!"

"Octavia?" Clarke asked. She recognized the voice of the younger girl but something about it was off.

"How are you feeling?" Octavia worried. Clarke rolled her eyes.

"I'm fine O." She had taken to calling Octavia by the name Bellamy had given her. The two girls were basically best friends now.

"Good. I have no idea where we are." Octavia stated.

"Me neither." Clarke sighed.

She was just about to open her mouth again when the sound of a boulder rolling away broke her from her thoughts.

Light poured into the dark space and Clarke realized they were in a cave.

A girl, no older than 16 with braided golden hair walked it. Everything about her screamed authority.

1000 questions rang in Clarke's head but she kept her mouth shut. She had a feeling that it wouldn't be good to step out of line.

"I'm Elyza." She had a strong accent but Clarke couldn't place it.

She was dressed in a beautiful handmade dress that fitted her body perfectly. Feathers were pinned delicately in her hair making her look all the more elegant and her eyes were covered in dark pain or something.

"I'm Clarke." Clarke introduced politely.

"I'm awfully sorry about the injury. And the cave. We need to take precautions. We've had too many bad experiences with new people." Elyza explained apologetically.

"Of course. It's fine." Clarke smiled. Te pain in her abdomen wasn't as bad as before. In fact, she barely felt it.

"Please, come with me. As long as you promise not to threaten or hurt my people in any way, there is no need to lock you up." Elyza gestured for Octavia and Clarke to follow her.

"We won't hurt you." Clarke confirmed. She glanced at Octavia who looked confident but the flicker of nervousness in her eyes didn't go unnoticed.

"This is our village." Elyza turned and faced her collection of houses and buildings. People stared at the two newcomers and murmured wearily to their friends.

"It's beautiful..." Clarke said in awe. The houses were made out of hardened sand.

"Thank you."

"Where's Lincoln?" Octavia asked suddenly.

"Octavia." Clarke warned. They didn't want to be rude.

"No. It's perfectly understandable you would be worried about your companions. We have the five of them in the dining hall. Please come this way."

Wait... Five?

"There's six of us..." Clarke said. Elyza faced them, looking concerned.

"We only took five." She told the other girls.

"Who do you have?" Clarke asked.

"Come with me." Elyza took Clarke and Octavia to the dining hall.

It was full of people but five of them Clarke recognised. They were huddled in the corner, laughing and chatting.

Lincoln, Raven, Jasper, Monty and Finn.

Clarke's jaw dropped in horror. She turned to Elyza.

"Bellamy's not here."