Chapter 4

Derick asked me out last July 18. I thought about it for a while, Imean, what harm can it do, right? He's done nothing for me other than care andalways thinks about me. I said yes on the day we had our 2nd moviehang out, July 22.

It's our 3rd month tomorrow and I have prepared my surprise for him already. I bought the ingredients for our food night tomorrow which is pasta night. It's his favorite.

I was getting something from my locker when I saw Derick heading my way. I looked at him and smiled while closing my locker door. That's when I saw Mia Jenkins, school's queen B. And by "B" I mean "bitch".

Derick was all mushy to Jenkins while walking past me. "Hey Derick, see you tomorrow?" I asked him with worry hinting my voice. "Ahh yeah, about that. We're done." He said, trying to look sincere "What do you mean we're done? I don't get it"

That's when I heard Jenkins annoying voice "It means that he played you, Parker. I'm still his girl. Do you think my man would go for you without anything in return?" I looked back at Derick "Is it true Derick? Did you just play with my feelings?" I saw him smiled sympathetically, but not really convincing

"Actually, yeah Parker. There's nothing really going on between us. It was just a game. You were just a dare to me. I didn't even know you'd fall for me that easily" he's laughing while telling me this

"Wow. Just wow" I told them while walking away.

Ryder's POV

There. I saw Parker walking away from Jenkins and Williams. I knew that this time would come. I don't like Harley getting hurt by anyone, she's too special and kind-hearted to be hurt.

I followed her out of the campus and into the garden near our school. When we got there I saw Collins running towards her. I want to be the one comforting her. I want to be the one she's hugging. I wan- I felt my phone vibrate at the back pocket of my pants and saw a text from Collins

: I have to go but I know you're around. And I know you like her for a long time already. Go comfort her, she needs you.

I debated for a while but decided to go on. I went towards her and when she looked at me, I smiled at her. She smiled back and that made me happy because I made her smile even for just a second.

I handed her a bottle of water and just sat beside her. I waited for her to talk. After 20 mins or so I heard her talk.

"Have you ever felt like, you have given your all but still failed miserably?" I decided to just listen to her rather than answer her question.

"I should've followed Julian instead of following my own decision. I don't know what or who to trust anymore. I loved him with all of what's with me, but for him, it was all a game. Just a dare" By this time, she's crying so much. I gave her my handkerchief and I placed my hand on her shoulders and held her in my arms.

"It's okay, just let it all out," I said to her. We stayed there for half an hour, or so. Then I brought her back to their home.

I know to myself that I have a chance. I just need to get her to trust me fully and fill that void in her heart

Parker's POV

7 years. It took me 7 years before I gave my trust to Leonard Ryder. I never thought I'd still be able to give my trust to anyone. I know his story already, on how he told Julian everything. How he admired me from afar. Everything. Everything I learned about him, is everything I loved about him.

On this day, Sept. 23rd, my wedding starts in less than 30 mins. I saw my mom walked into my dressing room and asked me. "Are you ready?" I smiled at her and said "I was ready ever since I was born, mom" I walked towards her and went inside the car. This is it. Soon, I'll be Mrs. Harley Ryder.  

~~ THE END ~~