Prologue

CHAMOMILE

Prologue: Begin

Vote Goal: 5

Enjoy! Don't forget to follow, vote, comment, and share :)

~~~

ANONYMOUS

She caressed my hair as she finished her song, much like how she did when I was just a little girl.

I miss her so much.

"Mom... please stay..." I almost begged her, trying my hardest to suppress the tears that were attempting to escape.

"You know I can't, Lexi. I have to work... for us," she replied.

"Why do you have to work so far, though? Aren't there any schools nearby?" I asked.

Honestly, it's really not about the distance that I'm concerned with. I'm worried because of other, more frightening reasons.

If it were under normal circumstances, I would've completely understood her. Of course, I'm well aware of the unbelievably increasing need for that so called 'hard-to-find' cash.

But not this one.

I want her out of that school. There's just something really off about that school though I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

~~~

I am currently on my way to school, thinking of all the things that were knocking in my head for the past few days.

And since the hell of a fucking exam week of the university is finally fucking over (thank God!), I can now think of some rather disturbing facts.

As I may or may not have mentioned, my mother is a teacher. Her name is Lexannia Evergreen, and my father is long gone.

Everything's normal about the 'being a teacher' part, but the school is on a whole new level of creepy.