Chapter Four

-The Mask Breaks-

Kakashi aimlessly walked the streets of Konoha, remembering memories one by one of his childhood. He paused for a minute when he got to the training grounds. He walked over to the log where he once sat facing aeay from his team. All of them were dead now. His sharingan eye suddenly started hurting. It did this sometimes and he had no idea why.

It had been longer than a decade since Obito's death. He hasn't found love since.

Things have been crazy recently something called the Akatsuki were attacking Konoha and one of the members stood out to Kakashi. He previously had an orange mask with black lines around the eye. He had the basic Akatsuki cloak and shoes. He now had a white mask that looked familar. It looked like Kakashi's sharingan eye.

But nevermind that, they were attacking Konoha. Kakashi's thoughts of the strange man were interupted, Tsunade wanted him to come to the office. He did. Him Guy, and Naruto were called to fight the white mask man. They went to where they were supposed to. Kurama already sparkling off of Naruto, they fought.

Naruto, with one last hit he broke the mask off the man. Impossible. Kakashi studied the man, who looked exactly like Obito! He even had a scar on the side of his face that was crushed many years ago. There's no way he could've survived that!

"Obito..?" Kakashi called out to the black haired man

Kakashi stepped closer and closer to the man till where he was directly in front of him. Obito got prepared for a fight but Kakashi just hugged him. He just imbraced him in a non-consensual hug.

"I thought you died.." Kakashi sniffed whilst hugging Obito who just stood there.

Guy and Naruto were shocked. Guy also thought Obito had died, Naruto had no idea who this man Kakashi was hugging was.

"Why didn't you tell me you were back sooner?" Kakashi questioned and got no response

Kakashi's memories started flowing back quickly, the time they kissed, the time Kakashi kissed him on his head before he died, all of it. They brought warmth to Kakashi's heart instead of tears now because Obito was back.

"I watched you kill Rin.." Obito slowly and quietly said, causing Kakashi to gasp

Kakashi pulled away from Obito. Remembering Rin's death was his fault, but how did Obito see it? Kakashi's eyes  dared to let any tears escape as the two men made long eye contact. The eye contact ended and Kakashi studied his body. Much more muscular then his own. Obito took notice of Kakashi staring and blushed.

"I have to go now.. I'll be back!" Obito yelled before leaving Kakashi in the dust.

Kakashi sighed. He was happy Obito was back, but at what cost?