Giggleyum (Part 1)

It was that time again.

Poppy and Branch were walking with the other leaders through another festival.

Poppy said, "I'd like to welcome you all to our annual Pop Village Cake Jamboree! A celebration of all things cake-y, like abstract cake art..."

Harper was painting abstract art on a cake with frosting.

"...the cake-tanical gardens..."

Meadow Spriggs squirted some flower-shaped cupcakes with frosting, and then ate one.

"...and the frosting zoo!"

There were cake sculptures of animals in a pen with anyone either frosting them or eating them.

Barb said, "This is cool, but what about the waterslide? That's not exactly cake-related."

Some Trolls went down the waterslide, and Poppy asked, "Oh, no?"

The Trolls came out and landed on a giant cake.

Queen Essence said, "Poppy, all of this looks wonderful."

Prince D agreed, "Yeah, Pops. A day of cake? Who wouldn't want that?"

Delta said, "I just hope my teeth feel the same way. I'm gonna be in for a long night of brushing and flossing when I get home."

Poppy said, "Don't worry. It's all gonna be worth it. There's plenty of flavors for everyone to enjoy."

She then held up a tray and asked, "Devil's food with strawberry frosting?"

They all excitedly took a bite of the cupcakes.

Just then, Smidge came by with a sad expression.

Poppy asked, "Smidge, are you ok?"

Smidge answered, "No, I'm not. Nobody here is serving Sparkle-Melon frosting and it's my favorite."

Klaus Von Frousting then came by, "Uh-oh! Sorry, Smidge. The Funtime Factory is no longer making the Sparkle-Melon frosting."

Smidge went, "Oh, my guh!"

Prince D said, "What? Why did they stop making Sparkle-Melon?"

***

They all went to Sky Toronto, who answered, "Because it's not popular and it's too difficult to produce. We provide over 6,000 flavors of frosting at this factory. Vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, double chocolate, chocolate squared, chocolate to the third power..."

Trollzart said, "Wow, that is a lot of chocolate."

Sky continued, "Sparkle-Melon is by far the most demanding on my staff. It's all right here on file."

He then took out a scrapbook and showed it.

"To produce it, I send a team on a treacherous journey to the only Sparkle-Melon grove on record, which takes them deep into the heart of...Bummer Territory."

They all gasped and said, "No!"

Sky continued, "Oh, yes. And once there, they face the most fun-sucking landscapes known to Troll, like Busy Work Bog..."

*Gasp*

"...The Valley of Watching Paint Dry..."

*Gasp*

"...The Bland Canyon."

*Scream*

Sky then said, "So, while I'm sorry you're losing your 'favorite flavor,' I have to consider how it affects everyone."

Smidge then said, "Those poor bored Trolls! I can't ask someone to make that kind of sacrifice. Oh, Sparkle-Melon, thanks for all the memories..."

***

Flashback to Baby Smidge enjoying a cake with Sparkle-Melon frosting.

***

"Farewell, old friend."

Poppy couldn't stand to see her like that, "No! I can't accept this. There's got to be another way."

King Quincy said, "But, Poppy, you heard Sky. Bummer Territory is the only place to find Sparkle-Melons."

Poppy then said, "Well, what if I found a new recipe that tastes like Sparkle-Melon, but is easier to make?"

Sky said, "Making Sparkle-Melon without using Sparkle-Melons? I say your plan can't possibly fail."

They all asked, "Really?"

But, Sky said, "No, I meant the exact opposite. Sorry, my monotone makes sarcasm nearly impossible."

Poppy said, "Oh."

Trollex then said, "Well, I'll help Poppy. It actually sounds like fun."

The other leaders agreed to help.

Sky said, "Fine. Let me know how that works out for you."