Prologue

Another night, another hunt. 'Grandpa' forcing me to go out and kill innocent people, who he claims to be animals. It's ridiculous, they didn't ask for this life and my family kills them because of it. Obviously, I don't tell anyone my thoughts. If I did, I would probably be cut in half like the rest of them, so I keep quiet. I watch as a kid, about my age, runs through the woods panicking and a hunter stops nearby and goes to shoot him with an arrow, but a guy a bit older catches the arrow directed to the young wolf. The hunter goes to grab his gun, but i punch him in the face, knocking him unconscious.

"Get out of here." I tell them and run away from the scene, towards my dad. We walk back to where the other wolf was taken out and other hunters come near us.

"Is this the one?" Gerard asks.

"Killed two of ours." Dad nods and looks to the other hunters. "Find the others. Bring them back alive." Noticing a hunter sneer at the word 'Alive' I give him a cold glare.

"We go by the code, so we get them alive." I tell them and we spend the rest of the night searching for the other wolves, but we find nothing and I go to get some well deserved sleep. However, life had other plans when I got taken by a woman and knocked unconscious.

"Who are you?" An authoritative voice asked while I was tied to a chair in a basement, just coming back to consciousness.

"Look, i don't want any trouble." I tell her fearfully, knowing she's most likely a werewolf.

"You should have thought of that before you raided the woods." She says and I sigh.

"I'm Amelia." I tell her and look to the ground.

"Last name?" She asks.

"Argent." I say and brace for something to come flying toward me or her to start shouting but it doesn't come, I look up to see the woman looking at me almost sympathetically.

"I'm Talia." She tells me, my eyes light up with recognition and she notices. "You've heard of me?"

"Talia Hale, An evolved alpha." I recall and she nods.

"How old are you?" She asks with a frown, taking in my appearance and trying to figure it out.

"17." I say but it only comes out as a whisper, obviously, she can hear it.

"Talia, you need to teach your son how to control himself. He nearly got us killed." A male voice says coming down the stairs.

"Peter, I'm busy." She replies and the guy from before looks at me.

"You're the girl from yesterday." He realises and looks at my situation.

"How long have i been here? My dad will be freaking out." I ask her.

"Please, Gerard won't even notice." She tells me.

"I'm sorry, what is going on?" Peter asks, stepping further into the room.

"Peter, this is Amelia Argent." She tells him and he frowns slightly, as if he can't believe it.

"Look, can we skip this. Yes, I'm an Argent, the bad guy, I'm a part of a family that kills supernatural creatures so can you just get it over with?" I sigh.

"Get what over with?" Talia asks.

"Killing me or whatever." I answer. "I didn't ask to be a hunter, just like you didn't ask to be werewolves and it's clear that you're innocent because he and that kid's eyes were yellow." When I mention a kid, she looks at Peter confused and he lets out a sigh.

"Derek." He answers.

"The reason Gerard wanted to go out in the first place was because someone from Ennis's pack killed a hunter, so he wanted to return the gesture." I explain. "You're lucky he was there." I say pointing my head to Peter. "The kid would've died if he wasn't." I let out a large sigh. "We're getting off subject, what are you going to do with me?"